If you are a Windows 10 user and are bothered due to scanning and repairing drive stuck then stay here for quick resolutions with our technical experts. Generally stuck happens when some boot problems prevail in your system. Due to this, the Windows automatic repair mode will begin without doing anything. Your screen will start displaying Preparing Automatic Repair and then scanning & repairing the C drive automatically.
Additionally, there may be issues reading the drive and as a result, you face disk errors such as bad sectors, the system starts hanging up, misconfigured drivers, and others. Whatever has happened, let it go, now think of its quick resolutions because the longer time it takes, the bigger the problem will become.
Various Reasons for Scanning and Repairing C Drive
You should understand this scanning and repairing drive stuck at 100 issues may have many causes. We have got the top 5 reasons and only by keeping them in mind, we have succeeded in giving their best solutions.
- Your system is facing virus attacks.
- Connection issue between your system and disk
- If your hard drive is not in a good condition.
- You did not shut down your system successfully, like trying to turn it off with a power outage.
- Bad sectors on your hard drive.
- Other reasons may be behind it but these were the top listed.
Most Working Solutions for Windows 10 Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck at 100%
You can cover all issues if you perform the following troubleshoots. First, you can repair the problem of scanning and repairing c drive which is stuck at any point. Secondly, you will not face any loss of essential files and other data from your system. Thus, do not worry about applying these solutions.
Method 1: Repairing Disk in Safe Mode
The reason may be the hard drives bad sector for problems with the Windows scanning and repairing drive stuck at 100. So, it becomes necessary to resolve this problem by checking and repairing drive windows 10. Heres how to do it:
Note:- You should start executing this process in Safe Mode as generally, it is not possible to boot up Windows 10 under this aspect.
- Hit and hold the Power key to forcefully start and shut down the computer three times.
- Enter the Windows Recovery Environment.
Alternatively, you can take the ways of installing media for booting the system.
- Choose the Troubleshoot tab→ then Advanced Options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Restart your system.
- When you visit the other page, either choose the F4 key to enable Safe Mode or select the F5 button to enable Safe Mode with Networking.
- In the search bar, enter the Command Prompt.
- When it appears, right-click on it.
- Select the Run as Administrator tab.
- In the line of command, type this command: chkdsk c:/f
- Now, press the Enter key to start checking and repairing the disk.
- A message will display on your screen that Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked when the system begins the next time. So, type Y for it.
- After finding this process successfully, restart your computer.
Method 2: Turn off Check Disk (Chkdsk) on Windows 10
If the issue is Windows 10 scanning and repairing drive stuck at 100 or other, you should edit the registry to turn off the process of checking the disk on booting. Apply these steps:
- The starting seven steps will remain the steps that you have applied in the first method.
- Click the following keys at the same time to open the Run Dialog Box: Windows and R buttons.
- In the box, type regedit→ press the Enter button.
- Search for Session Manager this way: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
- Click on BootExecute from the next column.
- Replace the Value Data into autocheck autochk /k:C *
- To confirm it, press the OK tab.
- Restart your system.
Method 3: System File Checker
It will help you to find the corrupted file in your system and repair them completely. We have arranged here all the necessary steps to check it:
- Firstly, read the first method (scanning and repairing the disk stuck in safe mode) to repeat its first seven points.
- When you have attempted them, type the Cmd or Command Prompt in the search box.
- Select the Run as Administrator by a right click.
- Type the following command in the displayed command page: sfc /scannow.
- Hit the Enter key now.
- This scanning operation will take a few minutes.
Note:- Do not interrupt this process by forcefully closing it until a message of successful verification pops up.
Method 4: Run Automatic Startup Repair Mode in Windows 10
- To attempt this solution, you need to get a Windows 10 Installation Disc first. Thus,
- If you have- put this disc into your system and system booting from it is required.
- If you do not have one- Download Microsoft Media Creation from the website of Microsoft. After it, you need to open it so that you can create the needed Windows 10 Installation Disc.
- In the next interface, correctly fix the asking details there→ Press the Next key.
- Tap on Repair Your Computer (given at the bottom).
- Select the Troubleshoot key and then press Advanced Options.
- Hit on the Startup Repair.
- Once this automatic process successfully finishes, then reboot your system.
Method 5: Recovery Option- Start System Restore
Our last troubleshooting is related to running a system restore. By restoring the way of your computer, you reach the previous point when this issue of scanning and repairing drive stuck at 100 was not present. Lets know how to do it
- You need to turn off your computer forcefully by pressing and holding the Power button.
- Now enter the option of Windows Recovery Environment.
- Tap on the Troubleshoot→ Select the tab Advanced Options.
- Click on the System Restore.
- When the next window appears, choose the Next button.
- Select one row of System Restore Point → Hit the Next key.
- Confirm your Restore Point and then choose the Finish button.
We believe our solutions for scanning and repairing drive stuck will work to repair your systems jumbled functions. After doing good research, we always try to satisfy our users with the best solutions. If ever you feel your system has started operating wrong and it became impossible to fix then come to us for assistance. We will help you without any delay.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1- Why is scanning and repairing C stuck?
Ans- This issue is covering many reasons behind it and we have discussed them here:
- When you do not turn off your computer correctly like you shut down such as a power outage or shut down it forcefully.
- Attack of virus or malware in your system.
- Weak or bad sectors on the hard drive.
- Wrong configuration of your devices drivers and other issues.
Q2- How do I stop C drive repair?
Ans- You just have to turn off the automatic check disk process in Automatic Repair. Here, we have told you about the very simple steps to stop C drive repair.
- Firstly, restart your computer.
- A screen Preparing Automatic Repair will open.
- Click on any button to cancel the process of checking the disk and do it before checking begins.
Q3- How do I fix scanning and repairing the C drive stuck at 100 %?
Ans- This problem can be solved with the help of various resolutions. Applying every troubleshooting method is not mandatory because only one solution may also assist you.
Make sure the disks (check port and cable) are connected to your system correctly.
- As it has stuck at scanning and repairing c drive, you should turn off your system right away.
- Sometimes, the automatic repair mode does not work, thus you need to disable it.
- Enter Safe Mode and Run Check Disk.
- You should recover your data via System Restore.