Which user can deny for its PC for a typical operating system error, especially to Windows 10 with the Blue screen of Death or BSOD? System thread exception not handled is one such error where the OS stops responding with an error message (Stop Code: system_thread_exception_not_handled), and the PC or laptop becomes stuck on the reboot mode and leaves a frustration for the users only to deal With;
Furthermore, you may not know what wrong you have done with the system. For that reason, we are programming this article so that you may counter your issue and leave no ground for frustration.
What is in the Particulars of System Thread Exception not Handled?
Being a tech user, you are fortunate enough to see the rapidly changing technology but unfortunate enough to handle the irritating errors of the same Windows operating systems of your computer. If You have seen BSOD- then you can understand this error easily because the system thread exception not handled Windows 10 provides its stop code on the same Blue screen of death.
The error means that the system thread made a mistake by leaving an exception resulting in the screen with error handling while the computer was in process or on reboot mode. Moreover, it possibly happens when one restarts its PC or shutdown it. With this summary, it is crucial to know that fixes are possible with caution because a wrong attempt can deepen the error difficulty. Let us customize the solutions.
Role of Graphic Driver in System Thread Exception Not Handled
If the error handler has missed its job and created the issue- system thread exception then numerous reasons, like incompatible drivers, memory conflicts, incompatible systems, and much more, witness their presence. Meanwhile, you must notice that graphic drivers accompany some files detecting the error. You have to repair it with the help of these files. They are:
- Atikmdag.sys is the first form where we will point out the theme of this driver. It works for the betterment of your Windows system. Contrary! It creates issues when it is outdated/incompatible with your computer. The file is the creation of the ATI Radeon Family.
Your experience can confirm how it crashes on several occasions making your computer good for nothing. But the file name addition with the error will unquestionably highlight the worthless installation of the particular graphics card.
Files and Sound Card for Error Stop Code
- NTFS.sys determines the smooth run of Windows NT Server. It is also maintainable by the NTFS file system system being a Windows System File. If any virus or malware attacks your operating system and affects this file, it will eventually target the Windows NT Server and create this error. The solution is always the reinstallation of this ntfs.sys and operating system.
- Dxgmms2.sys does the task in the company of DirectX drivers. They help survive the gameplay by finishing the communication with the video card & software load. Again the case is similar to other files. The low-grade installation makes it Ineffective to run your laptop or computer, displaying the Windows 10 system thread exception not handled on the screen with BSOD. Switch it to repair mode as soon as you identify the issue.
- If the Nvlddmkm.sys comes with an error description, it has caused trouble for your device. It is the outcome of Nvidia Graphics Drivers and a crucial component of your computer system. It ensures a high-resolution view of the images and videos. Furthermore, check the proper and up-to-date installation of your graphic card and fi; if finds an error.
- In the association of USB devices audio, Cmuda.sys appears corrupted, causing an error for your personal computer and needs reinstallation.
- Bcmwl63a.sys library coordinates with Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter. Its corruption causes the error Windows 10 system thread exception not handled. Yet it is practical to fix the error with the following solutions.
Solution for System Thread Exception Not Handled
Step 1. Boot via Safe Mode
Windows safety is the prime objective when you perform any task on your PC because this is how you want your goal achieved in the personal and professional system. Even! If you are using the OS for games only! That time also- You need a safe environment, possible with a distinct boot configuration. Moreover, it helps resolve the issue related to computer startup errors and no sudden response while working.
- Open the Settings option from the Start button to fix the system thread exception not handled by Windows 10.
- Choose the Recovery via Update & Security. Move towards the Advanced Startup to select Restart Now to control the pop-up with Choose an Option Screen.
- Hit the Troubleshoot for Advanced Options, Startup Setting, then Restart to press the F5 to Safe Mode with Networking boot.
Use Sign-In Option
- Use the Shift & Power Button to press Restart to click Choose an Option Screen. Now Troubleshoot the Advanced option for Startup Settings and select Restart.
- Finally, Use F5 for the Safe Mode with Networking boot.
Black Screen Usage For Boot in Safe Mode
- Switch it off using the power button and continue it till the booting starts. As the system starts, continue pressing the power button. Let the Windows Start in the Windows Recovery Environment and see the option Choose an Option Screen.
- Press the Troubleshooting for Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Restart. When Safe Mode with Networking appears for boot, press the F5 button.
Step 2. Uninstall Display Drivers
- Type devmgmt.msc in Run Dialog Box & click Enter.
- Now tap on Device Manager to select Display Adapters to expand the options. Press Uninstall for Installed Graphic Card.
- Move on to the next level for software delete and system restart. As a result, you will see the automatic installation of Video drivers. Contrary, use the manual method if that doesnt happen and follow the next step to see the manual solution.
Step 3. Graphic Card Drivers Update & New Installation
- Go to the authenticated web address of the graphic card manufacturers. Download the latest model driver entirely compatible with your system(x64 or x86) or OS.
- You can secure the system information by going to the option Run Dialog Box and type msinfo32 & hit Enter.
- Here, you can note the required information, like OS type & system type, via the System Information Window. You can run the download here following the instructions.
- Furthermore, you can use the alternate; motherboard manufacturing web address if your external graphics card is not installed on your system. Apart from system type & OS type, you may need a system model to run the downloaded file executable.
System thread exception not handled error is also possible with C Media USB Audio, Class 1.0 & 2.0, DAC faulty Device Driver. (appears with Xerox sound cards) Possibly, the update is not sufficient. Try uninstalling the sound card drivers.
- Launch the Device Manager Window via devmgmt.msc in the Run Dialog Box. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers category and activate C Media USB Audio, Class 1.0 & 2.0, DAC Device Driver. and click on the Uninstall Device option.
- Mark the box alongside Delete the Driver Software For This Device to click the Ok Button. Now restart the system to effect the changes. Reinstallation will occur with the replacement of the manufacturers driver.
- If the Sound card driver didnt uninstall, again open the device manager to hit the option Scan for Hardware Changes.
Step 4. Discover the Faulty Driver
Among numerous methods, we will proceed with one solution, which is simple and easy to follow for every user to resolve the error system thread exception.
- Open the Command Prompt to enter the command eventvwr.
- Look for the System Thread Exception Not Handled to discover the responsible driver.
Step 5. Faulty File Rename
If you know the file name associated with the error, change the file name and follow the steps.
- Launch the File Explorer for C: \Windows\System32\drivers & search for the faulty driver. Press the F2 option after opening it and renaming it with the OLD extension following the Enter button and restart it.
- Mark the alternative with the steps Command Prompt and type the C: and Enter buttons. Use the command cd windows\system32\drivers to press Enter. furthermore, enter the Command rename FILENAME.sys FILENAME.old to change the file name and exit for the computer restart.
See Also - Guide to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057
Step 6. System File Checker
System files are the prime cause of concern when any OS-related error Windows 10 system thread exception not handled occurs. They are in the system for basic functioning. You have to repair the corruption as soon as possible to fix the safe environment of your computer. Use DISM to restrain the SFC methods failure.
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator and add the DISM /Online /cleanup-image /ScanHealth to proceed with the Enter button. Again use the DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth Command after finishing the scan with the last process. The scan will repair the issue.
System File Checker or SFC
- Run CMD as an administrator. Ensure the system safe mode and choose the Advanced Options. Add the SFC /scan & press the Enter Key.
- Wait for its action and reboot the system accordingly.
Step 7. Personal Computer Restart
- Launch the Settings via the Start Menu of the Device. Proceed with the Update & Security to press Recovery & see the three options to choose one.
- Select Restart this PC to hit Get Started. Either go for Remove everything or Keep my files. Contrary, with no option, it is set to default settings and uninstalls the apps.
- Now, you must ensure that you have to keep this PC to yourself only or pass it over to someone else. For yourself, select the option Remove Everything following Just Remove My Files and mark Remove files and clean the drive when passing over the system to others.
- Confirm the option You cannot go back to the earlier OS version with the Next button and press Reset following it. Thats how you can prevent the error system thread exception not handled by Windows 10.
Note: If none of the solutions is practical for your system thread exception, you should practice downloading the Restore Repair Tool. It will help your system repair all the corrupt files and components to run it in better condition, like before. To Download this Tool, you can launch the official web address of the related Tool and save the setup file to run it on your device and ensure maximum performance.
As we have mentioned, a detailed analysis of the solution for system thread exception is not handled; We can say- most probably, one solution will work for you. This description will surely enhance your confidence in dealing with the frustration you are holding because of your operating system. If somehow you come to the stage where everything is irresponsible for error repair, kindly mention your query in the comment section so that you may witness our top-notch support system for the tech issues.