Samsung is one of the most prominent producers of technical resources and keeps on providing us with new and latest versions of its devices. This causes a lot of confusion in the minds of the users as they have to make a tough choice. Similar things happen while choosing between two of the most desired SSD which run in the market with the names Samsung T5 and Samsung T7. To make that confusion easy, here we have a detailed review of both of these SSDs. Let us start with our comparison guide for Samsung T5 Vs T7.
Samsung T5 & T7
Digital Storage: 1 TB
Hard Disk Interface: USB 3.0
Digital Storage Capacity: 1TB
Hard Disk Interface: USB 3.2
What are Samsung T5 and T7?
Samsung T5 and T7 are two types of portable SSD MU. SSD stands for solid-state drivers. These are a source of portable storage which is way better than the traditional drivers. As these drivers are something that aims at providing their service at the highest speed. Samsung also has an SSD which is one of the finest ones available in the market. But with the latest addition to its devices, there is also this confusion among the users about which among these is best for them. So, here we have a full comparison of two very popular SSD of Samsung named Samsung T5 and Samsung T7.
Comparison Between Samsung T5 Vs T7
In order to compare any technical device, we need to examine the features of that device in detail. So here we are going to do Samsung SSD T5 vs T7 with the help of the comparison made between the features of both of these Samsung SSD. Let us begin with the comparison and find which of these two stands out to be a better one.
Price is something that affects a persons choice altogether. The price point should be satisfactory for the buyer as well as according to the device. Here lets compare these two devices on the basis of their price point.
- Samsung T5: This Samsung T5 SSD has a price point ranging around $ 119.99 for the 1 TB variant.
- Samsung T7: This SSD has a price of $139.99 for the 1TB variant.
In terms of pricing comparison of Samsung t5 Vs t7, the latter is a bit more costly than the former. But you cant just judge on the basis of the price. So lets have a look at other features and then conclude on the price point.
Capacity refers to the amount of storage an SSD may provide the user. As the main feature of this device is to cater to storage needs. Samsung provides a bunch of different options for the size of these SSDs.
- Samsung T5: This is available in around four different sizes which are 250 GB, 500 GB, 1TB, and 2 TB. All these sizes are available in this SSD.
- Samsung T7: This SSD of Samsung provides you the options of these different sizes, 500 GB, 1TB, and 2TB.
This makes the Samsung T5 SSD available with a wider range of sizes available for storage options and there are many options from where you can choose your desired size for your SSD.
Although the color is something just concerned with the appearance of the device, still it is a matter of concern for many people. So here is a comparison between the two variants on the basis of the color it provides.
- Samsung T5: This device is available in colors, rose gold, metallic red, blue, and black.
- Samsung T7: It is available in two major colors that are black and silver.
In the battle of Samsung t5 Vs t7, this very clearly states that Samsung T5 has a lot more options in terms of color variations.
Dimension is also among the physical features of the drive but it also counts as important when we compare the two SSDs.
- Samsung T5: This comes with the dimensions of 2.9 inches in width, and 2.3 inches in height and the depth of the SSD is 0.4 inches.
- Samsung T7: This has 0.3 inches of depth and a height of 2.2 along with 3.4 inches of width.
There is a slight difference in the dimension of these two disks and whatever sizes you prefer for your SSD can be your preference.
Here comes the deal maker and the deal breaker for any person. Performance is something that everyone looks out for whenever purchasing a device such as an SSD. Let us have a look at the performances of both of these devices.
- Samsung T5: the speed provided by this SSD is around 540 MBps for the read and for the speed as per writing is around 520 MBps.
- Samsung T7: as per speed goes for this, the read speed for this is 1050 MBps and the write speed is 1000 mbps.
There is a visible difference in Samsung t5 Vs t7 in terms of speed. The Samsung T7 speed is much higher than the Samsung SSD T5 speed.
As per security, both run with the same hardware encryption but the version of Samsung T7 that goes with the name Samsung T7 Touch comes with some advanced security such as fingerprint protection. This gives Samsung T7 an upper hand in the field of security.
The above-mentioned difference clearly brings out everything you might need to make the right choice for you. Both of the devices have distinguished qualities of their own that make them stand out. Which one is better depends on what a person is looking out for in his SSD device?
If you too were confused about which Samsung SSD to choose for yourself then this article is all you need to make things easy for you. Hope this comparison between the Samsung T5 and Samsung T7 clears all the doubts that might be running through your head while making a choice for yourself.
Q1. Difference between T5 and T7 SSD?
The major differences between the Samsung T5 and T7 are :
- The price of T5 is less than the T7
- T5 comes in more color variants and size variants than T7.
- Their dimensions are different in height, width and depth.
Q2. Is the Samsung T5 SSD fast?
Yes, although the read and write speed provided by Samsung T5 SSD is less, there are other factors that make it faster than the others.
Q3. Is Samsung T5 good?
Yes, Samsung T5 is a good SSD as it has good performance with a good price range and a lot of color options. It is a highly secure device and very compatible and user-friendly. It aims at making data transfer and storage an easy and hassle-free process.