Are you seeking a solution to the problem of getting Windows update error 80072efe? So, here you got the solution because you have landed on the right place which will probably solve all your technical needs in simple and easy steps. Before starting with the resolving methods, you need to know more about the problem and its causes. We are providing you with full fledged information about the error code Windows update 80072efe.
What is Error Code 80072efe Windows Update?
Windows update error 80072efe is a common problem that a lot of users come across. This error code depicts that there is a problem with the Windows updating process. This code 80072efe also intercepts users to download and install any of the apps. You can’t search anything due to the error code. You need to resolve this issue before it gets worse.
Why Does Windows Update Error 80072efe Occur?
Before starting the resolving method one should know the basic cause of the error. In this way, you can better resolve the problem and get a good insight over the Windows update error code 80072efe here. We have fetched some of the causes that why Windows update error 80072efe previals.
- This code exists when your system is not able to communicate with the window update server.
- Might you be using a firewall or antivirus app. These apps usually block connection to window update servers .
- Proxy server can also lead you to the error.
Steps by Step Resolving Methods
Solution Time! Hoping that you have got the reason why it is happening so. We will be going through every possible way to fix the error code 80072efe. What all you need to do is just follow the enlisted methods step by step and see what suits your case.
Method 1: Run a Malware Scan
Windows update error 80072efe is a very common error that every other PC comes across once in a while. You can fix it with a very easy trick to run an antivirus scan in your system. This technique is very useful in many technical glitches. It can take a few minutes but might work for you. If you are stuck with how to do it. So, you just follow the simple steps listed below.
- Open an Antivirus program.
- Click on virus and threat protection.
- Click on the scan option coming up on your screen.
- Restart your PC and see if the issue is resolved.
Method 2: Window Update Troubleshooter
Window troubleshooter is a well known problem solver in the technical world. It is a computer program which helps to identify and resolve the issues with software and hardware. Generally, you can find this program in the Control Panel. Here we have enlisted a few steps to get rid of the problem in one go.
- Go to the Search bar and open Troubleshoot Settings.
- Click on the ‘Other Troubleshoot’ option.
- Now, you can see the Windows Update option. Tap on it and you are all set to troubleshoot this error.
Method 3: Run The Network Adaptor Troubleshooter
If you are facing an issue with Windows update error 80072efe then this method can help you out in the easiest of ways. You just need to run the network adapter troubleshooter on your PC. Here are a few easy steps to follow.
- Open the search bar and type troubleshooter.
- Click on the ‘Other Troubleshoot’ option.
- Now, you need to run the ‘Internet connection troubleshoot’ option.
Method 4: Delete The Catroot Folder
You may be experiencing the error because of the Catroot folder. As it usually stores the information about updates and all. If this folder is corrupted then it may cost you with the error. Deleting that folder is an option to serve the glitch.
- Open the Windows Run command ( Using Windows +R).
- Type up service.msc
- Choose cryptographic service. A prompt will click on the stop option.
- Move back to the address bar. Now, type out “c:\window\System32”.
- Search for the catroot folder and delete it.
- Restore all the services that we have stopped earlier.
Method 5: Disable Third Party Software
Disabling antivirus apps can be a way out of the issue you are facing. You just need to disable running antivirus apps on your system.
- Right click on the screen. Choose the option ‘Disable’
- Click on the option ‘Avast shield control’
Method 6: Clear The Software Distribution Folder
Clearing a software distribution folder could be the solution for your problem. If you are thinking how to do so then just scroll down for the steps.
- Open the Run Command window.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- Now, input ‘net stop wuauserv’.
- Open the file explorer window and search for the window software distribution.
- Find the folder and delete it.
In a nutshell, we have discussed every detail to resolve the issue of having Windows update error code 80072efe. Hoping that any of the above-mentioned methods had helped you out. If not then feel free to reach out in the comments section below. We are always ready to assist you in every way possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is it ok to delete catroot2?
Yes, it is fine but before using this method try to use other methods first. May it get resolved without deleting it.
Q2. Why am I getting error code 80072efe?
The reason is simple: the connection in the window update server is cracking. This is the main reason why a PC gets this Error code.
- Technology2023.04.20How To Connect Roku To TV? Easy Guide To Follow
- Technology2023.04.20How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV? (With and Without Dock)
- Technology2023.04.205 Best Barndominium Design Software (DIY & Professional)
- Technology2023.04.20What Is The Relation Between Behavior-Driven Development And Agile Methodology?