Looking to repair the “Windows 7 Build 7601 This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine” ” concern? This copy of Windows is indeed not legitimate. Windows 7 OS (Operating System) version 7600/7601 which has been installed improperly would only operate for a few weeks. This copy of Windows is not genuine and will then display as an alert.
Well, in this article, we will provide you with solutions to resolve the windows not genuine issue. Let’s start.
Causes Related to “Windows 7 Build 7601 This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine”
“This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine” warning on Windows 10/7 may appear for the following main causes –
- Viruses have infiltrated the PC.
- After the trial period expired, you still haven’t activated Windows OS.
- The license for your operating system has expired or has been suspended.
- Your computer’s OS does not have a working license key.
Solutions To Fix Windows 7 Build 7601 This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine”
There are specific solutions to restore “windows genuine” or “make windows7 genuine”. Therefore, you can use the solutions mentioned below to effectively resolve it. Keep reading.
Method 1: Resetting The Windows Activation
The “This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine” message will remove by resetting the licensing details for Windows activation. So that you may reset the license information, just adhere to the steps mentioned below –
- First, run a command prompt search. Next, click on the first result with your right computer mouse, then choose Run as administrator.
- Secondly, enter the command SLMGR -REARM and then press Enter.
- Now, if the aforementioned command returns an error, try SLMGR /REARM instead.
- Now, remain patient and let the command finish running. When you see the message “Command Completed Successfully,” choose OK. Do restart your machine. In the wake of a Windows backup, adhere to the activation instructions (when they exist).
Method 2: Discard the KB971033 Update
If there is indeed a problem with update KB971033 deployed for Windows Activation Technologies, “windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine” may start showing up. The update should reinstall to enable you to resolve the situation. You may reinstall it by completing these procedures-
- Click the Start button to open the Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features while switching the display to Small Icons.
- From the left pane, choose the View Installed Updates option.
- KB971033 is recognizable in the table of updates.
- The update will remove by performing a right-click and selecting that option.
- To validate the update removal, select Yes.
- Reboot your computer following the removal.
Method 3: Simply turn off the Plug and Play Policy.
Users have also used deactivating the Plug and Play Policy to permanently resolve the “windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine” problem. As a result, you may also disable the Plug and Play Policy by following the instructions below –
- First, activate the Run program by pressing Windows+R.
- Secondly, on your keyboard, enter after typing the rsop.msc command.
- Now, go to the Computer Configuration, choose Windows Settings, then pick System Services under Security Settings. Search the list on the screen for Plug and Play.
Note: Move on to the following step when Plug and Play also aren’t Defined. If not, move on to the next repair.
- Along with Plug and Play, locate the Group Policy. Set Not Defined as the Group Policy setting.
- Run the program once more, then enter the command gpupdate /force.
- Start your device up once more. After Windows restarts, finish the necessary activation step.
Method 4: Run a Malware Inspection
The “window is not genuine” can frequently be put on by malware attacks or MEMZ virus. As a result, it is wise to run a virus check on your computer.
Therefore, to conduct malware scans, you can use any reputable and secure antivirus software available on the market.
Method 5: Block Windows Updates Automatically
In Windows 7 or Windows 10, you may disable automatic updates to make sure that the “This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine” notification never displays.
- First, select the Control Panel from the Windows System menu by selecting the Start/Windows icon.
- The Windows Update option. Next, to install updates automatically, select that option. Hence, to stop checking for updates, click this link.
- Lastly, to restart your device and apply the modified settings, select Apply.
Method 6: Enter an Accurate Key
The “this copy of windows is not genuine” in Windows 10/7 bug can come from inexperienced computer users failing to enter the proper product key. So, in order to activate Windows, you must input a genuine product key. Therefore, you can use the following steps to change it or enter a unique product key –
- First, hold the Windows+R keyboard shortcut, and the Run dialog box will come up.
- Secondly, enter slui.exe 3 into the box that appears on the screen using the Enter key on the keyboard.
- At last, when asked on screen, enter the product key.
Beware of Using Third-Party Cracks
Countless programs and cracks are accessible online to help you solve this issue. However, your PC will be significantly harmed by these tools. Your operating system can be compromised by installing any fix, keygen, or activator, and it may even lead to the installation of malicious software.
This could also result in data loss or the infestation of other computers linked to your network by your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: How can I activate a copy of Windows 10 that isn’t authentic?
Ans: To activate a copy – you should buy a license key for Windows 10 to use this operating system. Once that is done, activate it by going to Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
Q2: How to remove “Windows 7 Build 7601 This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine”?
Ans: To fix “Windows 7 Build 7601 This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine”, follow the methods below:
- Block Windows updates automatically
- Run a Malware inspection
- Simply turn off the Plug and Play Policy.
- The Windows activation data will reset.
- Discard the KB971033 update.
Q3: Why does my computer indicate this copy of Windows is not a genuine copy?
Ans: Windows verifies the authenticity and authorization of your operating system before updating a file. You do not have an authentic copy of Windows if you get the warning “This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine.”
- Technology2023.04.20How To Connect Roku To TV? Easy Guide To Follow
- Technology2023.04.20How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV? (With and Without Dock)
- Technology2023.04.205 Best Barndominium Design Software (DIY & Professional)
- Technology2023.04.20What Is The Relation Between Behavior-Driven Development And Agile Methodology?