The world of our post-pandemic has become more and more work-from-home oriented jobs. Imagine you’re all prepared with a hot cup of coffee set for the new day. You have texted good morning in your office group and suddenly your laptop displays windows 10 black screen with cursor.
Panic stations? Where will you go now? Where will you go now? What to tell your boss that doesn’t make the windows 10 black screen with the cursor showing on your laptop as a petty excuse.
What about the remaining work that needs to be done for the day? If you are faced with a windows 10 black screen after login, well I have got you covered.
Windows Black Screen With Cursor | Reasons
The most common one is the Windows update. When we connect our laptops or systems to the Internet, the system loads automatic updates. Such when windows black screen with a cursor may appear ruefully.
The constant update of the windows might trigger causes for corrupted windows or system files. There might be a variety of other reasons for this to happen too. If you’re gaming online or using torrent windows might get corrupted. I have been a victim of this plenty of times. Windows black screen with the cursor is the residual result of such viruses attacking our systems.
Your system may display the windows black screen with cursor after login, the only thing telling you the system is on. In cases of battery residues or corrupted and accompanied by outdated display drivers.
So, as you now probably are thinking about, there are a whole host of reasons. While you’re as I suspect. You’re going through this blog in haste trying to free your system from the windows 10 black screen that keeps on appearing. So let’s get into the fixes.
Fixes For – Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor
1. Windows Recovery Environment
Make sure to apply these methods on safe mode, or the WinRE, that the Windows Recovery Environment. This is a basic to follow before starting the steps of recovery for windows black screen with cursor malfunction.
1) In the case of using a laptop, a good place to start would be to remove the battery and long press the power button. This is a quick easy fix for the windows black screen with cursor bug. Simply shut down the laptop
2) Then take out the battery.
2) Hold the power button for about a minute.
4) Put the battery back on.
Check if the windows black screen with the cursor problem is persisting.
2. Graphics Card is Often the Problem
The last time I went to a shop to fix the windows black screen with a cursor after a login issue. The person at the shop told me half the problems with the windows black screen with cursor occur due to the graphics card.
A corruption of the graphics card or being outdated will lead to the windows 10 black screen with cursor problems. He advised me to simply do away with it. But hey that’s not a solution.
1) The other way is to update the graphics card. You have to go to the device manager, pretty self-explanatory from there.
2) Simply expand the Display Adaptors option and Update Driver.
3) Once you are done with that select the option of Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software, and wait for the process to finish.
If the windows 10 black screen with the cursor has disappeared, the bug has been fixed. Restart the system and continue with your usual work.
In case of luck wasn’t on your side, the windows 10 black screen with cursor after login has persisted.
- Go back again to the Update Driver and this time select the option, Browse my computer for the update software. Choose the “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”,
- Select the latest driver. Run the process.
Has the windows 10 black screen after login gone away, well congrats. No need to thank me. Restart the system before pursuing normal use.
3. When All Fails | Clean Boot
If you have done most of the things that the Internet has to offer you. The windows black screen has remained a mainstay; it’s time for a clean boot. A clean boot helps you start the system with a minimum set of working programs and drivers. Your system will be free from software conflicts. These conflicts are very likely the reason for the windows 10 black screen with a cursor.
Note: Clean boot can also fix the Windows Explorer not crashing and other Windows-related errors easily.
1) To run a clean boot, go to the run box option and type in msconfig
2) Then enter and follow that up by clicking the Services option, and click the hide all Microsoft services option box that you can see.
3) Once you have done this, disable all buttons where you need to click next and apply the change.
4) After this the start-up tab, and open the task manager. Every enabled option needs to be disabled here in the task manager. After that click OK.
Like the previous options if the windows black screen with the cursor goes away. Restart the computer before resuming normal services.
There are some other ways too you can try out. If the windows 10 black screen with cursor occurs again. The options of Run Automatic Repair or Disable Fast Startup or Update of Your Bios are all perfectly good. Once after doing so Windows 10 black screen after login will be fixed.
Did Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor after login get fixed?
Hopefully, I could help you today. I understand how infuriating it can be. Windows black screens with cursor are usually easy to fix and you don’t need to run to a shop. Every time the windows 10 black screen with a cursor after login appears. I hope I can assist you in that process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to fix a black screen with a blinking cursor in windows 10?
There are plenty of methods and steps to follow once the windows black screen with the cursor gets displayed on our system. Performing a clean boot or updating the graphics driver or if in case of a laptop. Taking out the battery and pressing the power button for about a minute can do the trick.
Q2. What are the reasons for the windows black screen with cursor to appear?
Corrupted windows are probably the most common cause of windows’ black screen with cursor bugs. Amongst other reasons is the battery power, outdated display or system drivers.
Q3. Can windows 10 black screen with cursor be fixed at home?
There is no need to call the computer technician yet. If you perform the steps of Clean Boot, Disable Fast Startup or Update Your Bios process. Chances are very likely the windows 10 black screen with cursor after login will be fixed.
- Brayden Adam is a highly acclaimed tech expert who has been working in the industry for over 10 years. He is well-versed in various areas of technology, from software design and development to networking and system administration. Brayden Adam has extensive experience in developing cutting-edge software solutions and managing complex IT deployments. He also specializes in data storage, security, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies. With his vast knowledge and expertise in these areas, Brayden Adam is a sought-after consultant for many businesses seeking to take their operations to the next level.
- Technology2023.03.09Top Ways To Protect Yourself From Scams and Frauds While Using Cash App (Latest Edition)
- Technology2023.03.02A Know-How Guide To Fix Not Receiving Text Messages On Android Issue?
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Splitter: What is it? Which One to Buy? Is it Worth it? (All You Need To Know)
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Cable: What is it? What Are The Limitation? All Latest 2023