Are you not able to rebuild your Windows operating system? Have you noticed the error message on your computer that states you must enable system protection on this drive? Dont worry if you are experiencing this on your system.
This specific article will serve as a guide to solving the error message you must enable system protection on this drive on your device. We will provide here some of the most effective ways to fix the issue quickly. Just continue reading this article till the end.
Why Does Windows Display the Message “You Must Enable System Protection on This Drive”?
Here, we will discuss the reasons for the error message on the Windows system You Must Enable System Protection on This Drive. Well, most commonly there are two different things that might create the following issue on your device. The causes are mentioned below:
- Your computers or the devices System Protection service is not operating at all, in which instance you need to restart it appropriately.
- System Protection should not be switched on your system.
Methods To Fix the “You Must Enable System Protection on This Drive” Issue On The Computer
Well, here we will discuss all the possible methods to fix the windows 10 system protection or system protection windows 10 issue on the computer. You can try applying any of the following methods by your own choice or can also try all the methods that are mentioned below to solve the issue as fast as possible.
Method 1: Reboot the Windows Computer
Before performing any other method, the initial action you must do anytime you experience a glitch is to reboot your Windows computer. Restarting the device can frequently take care of a handful of uncomplicated difficulties. Follow the step below to perform this -
- Select the Power switch and afterward choose the Restart option from the Start menu or the Windows icon just at the bottom-left of the monitor.
After that, verify to determine whether the You Must enable system protection windows 10 on this Drive problem has been solved after the computer/ device has been rebooted or restarted.
Method 2: System Protection Service Reboot
On your Windows laptop, it is important to activate Protection System service. This can resolve various errors related to this, thus can also solve the you must enable system protection on this drive. You can really give it a try. Follow the steps below to apply this method to your device to solve the issue -
- First, you need to press Windows + R and Cmd and after that, you need to click the Ok button.
- Secondly, the command below is executed when the command prompt is opened -
Net Stop Vss.
- After that, you must type the following command written below and then press the Enter button -
Net Start Vss.
Hence, at this point, confirm that your computers System Protection Service has started its operation in the system.
Method 3: Use the Control Panel for System Protection
The System Protection feature could also be configured using the control panel in Windows, which serves as a substitute for the Command Prompt. Doing this could really be helpful or also might solve the you must enable system protection on this drive issue on your windows computer. Kindly, follow the steps mentioned below properly to apply this method -
- First, inside the search field, type control panel, and click the resulting result to launch the desktop application.
- Secondly, to activate protection system menu, select System and Security > System. Next, the target drive should be selected underneath the System Protection section. To configure it, click the button.
- Now, select the checkbox for Enable system protection. Then, on your computer, press OK and Apply.
Method 4: Change The Registry Files’ Names
You could activate the System Restore feature on your Windows Computer with the assistance of Command Prompt. Nevertheless, prior to actually executing it, you should indeed alter the names of the two windows registry files on your device. This could solve the you must enable system protection on this drive issue from the device quickly. Therefore, follow the aforementioned steps below to apply this method carefully and correctly -
- First of all, the Windows Installation Disk should be connected to your computer.
- Secondly, in order to access the BIOS menu, restart your Windows computer.
- Then, you must now choose an option screen, proceed with the troubleshooting, then tap on the advanced options.
- The Config Folder Can Now Be Opened By Typing The following Command -
- Now, enter the following commands mentioned below to rename the files in the next step.
Ren SYSTEM System.001.
Ren SOFTWARE Software.001.
- Finally, type the below-provided command to launch the System Restore utility on your device -
We hope the above-mentioned methods would definitely help you out in fixing you must enable system protection on this drive. In this article, we have provided all the possible ways you can apply it on your device if you are experiencing the same on your device. For any further assistance, you can always get back to us 24×7.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Where could I locate system protection?
Ans: To locate system protection on windows, follow the steps below -
- First, hit the Windows Key + I or choose Start > Settings.
- Next, the System is situated on the left, click it.
- Then, on the right, click About.
- Next, click on the System Protection tab.
Q2: How can you fix the “you must enable system protection on this drive” Issue On The Computer?
Ans: You can fix the you must enable system protection on this drive issue on the computer by applying the following methods mentioned below -
- Change The Registry Files Names.
- Reboot the Windows computer.
- Use the Control Panel for system protection.
- System Protection Service Reboot.
Q3: What does a System Restore do?
Ans: By snapping a few file systems and the Windows registry, System Restore generates Restore Points which can be used to rebuild a device. System Restore permits users to resolve installation difficulties or corruption of data without needing to reinstall the operational platform and restore a system to its previous state.
Q4: How come System Restore does not work?
Ans: Windows System Restore could not work correctly when the operating system is running in normal mode. If Windows is experiencing problems with hardware driver issues or erroneous startup applications or processes. You might therefore really have to boot the computer into Safe Mode. Prior to actually attempting to run Windows System Restore on the computer.
Q5: Can viruses be removed via System Restore?
Ans: Viruses as well as other malware that you cant get removed may occasionally be eliminated with the assistance of a system restore. All of your data on your systems hard disc and any viruses will be removed instantly.