Stuck with a blinking Xbox Controller which doesn’t connect to your PC? If so, then you must be looking for some resolving methods. Right? And what if we say you have landed on the right page that is going to assist you in every way possible? Well, it’s true. In this article, we are going to tell you everything about the Xbox Controller connection problem. However, we have given 6 possible solutions through which you can establish a connection between your PC and the Xbox one controller. All you need to do is read the article all the way through its conclusion to get your Xbox one controller back to normal and to get it working as intended.
Are You On The Right Track For Establishing a Connection?
You must check if the way you are establishing the connection is right or not. If not, then you must get the right way to get your connection established once again. However, the process of connecting the controller and the PC is very simple. You just need to turn on your Bluetooth and check the availability of your controller.
Furthermore, you must check if you are facing Xbox Controller Not Connecting to PC problem and then where the problem is coming from. To test this, you can try these 2 below-written approaches.
Try Pairing It With Other Device
If your Xbox one controller is not connecting with your PC, then you must try to run tests with your controller to check if the issue is with your controller or with your system. You can try connecting your controller with another system and check if it gets connected. If not, then you must replace your controller as the problem is with your controller. If Xbox one controller not connecting to the other device, then the problem is with the controller.
Recognize Your Xbox Controller
Before everything, you must identify your controller; what type of connectivity it establishes with your PC? Or what kind of version your controller has? And if it needs any other accessory to work?
However, it is very simple to identify your Xbox controller. There are mainly two models; let’s check what you have.
- If you have a newer model, then you don’t need anything, as it uses standard Bluetooth to establish a connection. You can simply figure it out by the guide button, surrounded by the same plastic as the whole body.
- If you have an older model, then you will require a dongle to establish a connection. You can identify an older version easily if you are not able to connect it without the dongle, then simply you can come to the answer that is an older version.
6 Ways To Resolve “Xbox Controller Not Connecting to PC”
There are six easy ways that you can try to resolve the issue of the Xbox controller not connecting. After doing the above tests, you must know where the problem is located, whether the problem is with your controller or with your computer. You can try all these six methods irrespective of the issue. You can not only be able to connect Xbox connect to a PC, but also you can improve the overall gaming experience and also you can resolve the problems like “ps5 not turning on”. However, the following methods are based on the research done by pro gamers and technical experts. So without further ado, let’s get dive into the troubleshooters to remove the issue “Xbox one controller not connecting”.
1. Use a USB Cable
If you are looking for a wireless connection but are stuck in connecting to the PC, then you must try establishing a USB connection. And check if it works. However, most gamers sit near their system for better gameplay, and also it resolves the issue of the sudden battery falls and charing. Hence., you can try using a USB wire to have a good connection and gameplay.
In addition, you can check the problem’s location/. Confused how? Well, use a sound USB wire and check whether the issue is at the controller’s end or your system’s end. However, if this way doesn’t work out for you, then you must get on the other method listed below.
2. Yank Batteries & Toggle Bluetooth
If you have a wireless controller, then the issue you are encountering is the network’s errors. Thus in order to refresh the network, you must toggle with your Bluetooth. Try to turn it on and off a few times. This can help you to have access to Bluetooth connectivity on your PC.
In addition, you can try to yank the batteries of your Xbox. It is also possible that the batteries connecting to your Xbox have loosened the connection. Thus fixing it back can help you to have a better battery connection. This method will help you to have a seamless connection with your PC.
3. Change Batteries
Another possible cause that you can encounter is an expired battery. Yes, maybe the batteries of your Xbox are not working properly. If you haven’t changed it for an extended period of time then it is time to change these batteries. This can definitely help you to be able to establish a perfect connection between your Xbox controller and your PC. And you can rectify the problem Xbox Controller Not Connecting to PC.
4. Update Windows and Controller Firmware
Outdated stuff is more prone to create errors and shutters. Thus, you are required to keep updating your Windows drivers and every other hardware. This way, you can improve the overall performance of your PC. Along with this, upgrading will help you to eliminate the issue of the Xbox Controller Not Connecting to PC. But how can you do so? Well, look below for the easy steps for upgrading windows and controller firmware.
For Upgrading Windows
- Open your system settings.
- Click the option “Update and Security.”
- Choose the option to search for an update.
- Update your Windows if needed.
For Xbox Controller
- Install an app called Xbox Accessories.
- Connect your controller with a USB wire.
- Open the installed software.
- A prompt will come up automatically; now, you must follow all the on-screen wizards.
Updating these can help you remove the issue. However, this issue also comes when your controller firmware is unable to establish the connection due to the unmatching versions of updated apps. Hence, you are really required to have the latest updated versions of every connected device to eliminate the issue Xbox Controller Not Connecting to PC.
5. Improve Signal Strength
The signal strength issue is another prominent cause of why your Xbox controller not connecting. However, Bluetooth comes with one of the best connectivity in all other wireless means of establishing connections. Thus, you must ensure there is no error in the connectivity oath. If there are so many other Bluetooth devices, then it must be getting difficult for your controller to get connected to your PC.
6. Try USB Bluetooth Adapter
There are various kinds of controllers in the market, which creates a hassle for establishing a connection via Bluetooth. Thus, you must try using a Bluetooth adapter of any third-party brand. It will definitely help you to establish a proper connection between your PC and the Xbox controller.
You can purchase any Bluetooth adapter of a reputable brand, but we would advise you to go for the Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10. It consists of a lot of features. We have enlisted all the features of this adapter in the below pointers.
- It can connect eight simultaneous controllers at a time.
- Provides support for in-game chats.
- Provides wireless stereo support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why does my Xbox controller keep blinking and won’t connect to the PC?
There can be various responsible reasons why your Xbox one controller not connecting with PC. Common reasons are– outdated drivers, firmware, and Windows. If you have problems related to it, then you are most likely to face all these kinds of not connecting errors.
Q2. How do I connect my Xbox one controller to my PC Wireless?
You must connect your Xbox controller to your PC via Bluetooth, as it will be the most significant and efficient way to establish a wireless connection. Simply turn on your system’s Bluetooth and turn on the controller and look for the match on your system and connect with your controller.
Q3. Do all Xbox controllers connect to PC?
Yes, all Xbox controllers connect to PC. You just need to make a proper connection via Bluetooth so that you will be able to establish a connection. However, if you are unable to make the connection, then you must use a Bluetooth adapter from any third party.
In a nutshell, we have provided you with the top resolving methods in the above article. Through this resolving troubleshooters, you can connect your Xbox to your PC. You can not only resolve the error of connection, but also you can improve your system’s gameplay. If you are still facing any hassle or have any queries in your head, then you can connect us anytime.
- Brayden Adam is a highly acclaimed tech expert who has been working in the industry for over 10 years. He is well-versed in various areas of technology, from software design and development to networking and system administration. Brayden Adam has extensive experience in developing cutting-edge software solutions and managing complex IT deployments. He also specializes in data storage, security, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies. With his vast knowledge and expertise in these areas, Brayden Adam is a sought-after consultant for many businesses seeking to take their operations to the next level.
- Technology2023.03.09Top Ways To Protect Yourself From Scams and Frauds While Using Cash App (Latest Edition)
- Technology2023.03.02A Know-How Guide To Fix Not Receiving Text Messages On Android Issue?
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Splitter: What is it? Which One to Buy? Is it Worth it? (All You Need To Know)
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Cable: What is it? What Are The Limitation? All Latest 2023