“Recently, I tried to resolve the 2018-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-Based Systems (KB4023057) – Error 0x80070643. Many like-minded tech savvy friends of mine tried to counter it. Despite that, I am on the same wavelength. What to do next? Can’t! Think properly. Some said that it is a faulty update- While others predicted system file damage.”
If that’s your condition, you are on the right article now to fix your OS issues. The guide will define your problem and also suggest you do the exact required for your PC. Let’s begin with it.
Causes of 2018-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-Based Systems (KB4023057) – Error 0x80070643
Sources are evident- that KB4023057 assists in running the devices for the year April 2018 or earlier updates. Moreover, it will augment the general reliability of Windows updates. On that note, you must free up your computer from the error message:
There were problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or the contact support for information, this may help: 2018-11 update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (kb4023057) – error 0x80070643.
Fault in update installation/Windows installer services facing glitches/WU components/Antivirus software/SFD(System File Damage)/Outdated Drivers are the causes to be fixed by the below-mentioned solutions.
Fixes for 2018-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-Based Systems (kb4023057) – Error 0x80070643
Numerous approaches exist to switch the update failure in the trash box. Furthermore, they are compatible with the Windows 10 x64-Based Systems. Take a closer look at them to find your cause and its fixes.
Step 1. Give it One More Try
The technical glitches sometimes resolve on their own. So before moving forward, give it one more try. We recommend it to those who usually leave it with the first failure or over-do it without sufficient time lag.
Step 2. Uninstallation of KB4023057 Update
Windows error 0x80070643 is resistible by reinstallation or uninstallation of KB4023057. See the procedure below.
- Firstly, go to the “Start” button & access the ” Setting Menu”.
- Navigate to the “Apps” category.
- At last, click on “Windows Setup Remediations (x64) (KB4023057)” to uninstall the KB4023057 Update.
Step 3. Media Creation Tool
Use the Microsoft website to install the media creation tool. If you have faced this issue several times, this could be a great idea without connecting any hard drive or USB.
Step 4. Disable the Antivirus
Disable the antivirus corrupting the programs and applications of Windows 10 or creating Windows update error 0x80070643.
- From the “Start Menu”, go to the optio “Windows Security.” From the left side action bar, select “Virus & Threat Protection.”
- Nest, move to the “Manage Settings” option on the Windows’ bottom side. Then, from the drop-down section, turn off the “Real Time Protection.”
- Press the “Yes” button to confirm your actions.
- Confirm the troubleshooting and turn On the “Antivirus.”
Step 5. Clearing Corrupted Files Using Command Prompt
- Hit Windows+X to launch the command prompt and type the following using the “Enter” button after each command.
- net stop wuauserv/net stop cryptSvc/net stop bits/net stop msiserver/Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old/Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old/net start wuauserv/net start cryptSvc/net start pieces/net start msiserver.
Step 6. Scan the Corrupted Files with Sfc/Scannow
Corrupted or system files come within the prime culprits’ category while facing Windows update errors. Go for the steps below.
- Hold “Windows Key & X” to access the CMD or command prompt on your system. Use the command SFC/scannow and Press the “Enter Button.”
- Let it find the corrupted files and repair them automatically.
Step 7. Restart the Windows Installer Services
If you mark the presence of Windows Installer Services interrupting any program installation or Windows update, launch its restart to fix the error immediately.
- Search “services. msc” in the “Run Box”. Restart the services by pressing the ” Restart” and selecting ” Windows Installer.”
- After finishing the process, try the Windows update again and see the changes in the error.
Step 8. DISM Command
- Type CMD in the search bar and then launch it to start it as an administrator. Copy and paste the command dism.exe/cleanup-picture/restorehealth to find the corruption in windows images.
- Let it do its operation and wait to see the effects.
Step 9. Disk Cleanup on your System
- Open File explorer to see the Disk C properties and head towards the option “Clean up System Files” following “General>Disk Cleanup.”
- Apart from that, check the disk via CMD. Launch it from the taskbar search box section and click on it with the “run as administrator” theory.
- Now apply the command- chkdsk/F to execute it with the “Enter Button.”
Step 10. .NET Framework Installation
Counter the error 2018-11 update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (kb4023057) – error 0x80070643 using Microsoft . NET Framework Repair Tool. Download and install the repair tool via the formal web address of Microsoft and let it display the large order of logs, detecting the cause of the error and finally fixing it.
Step 11. Inactivate the “Fast Startup on the Personal Computer”
- Launch the “System Settings Wizard” window via the “Run box” using “Powercfg. cpl.”
- Go to the “Change settings currently unavailable” to unmark the “Turn on Fast Startup.”
Step 12. Windows Update Troubleshooter
- First, open the “Settings” of the Operating system and select the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Click on the “Additional Troubleshooter” option from the scroll.
- Hit the ” Run the Troubleshooter” option under “Additional Troubleshooter.” Look ahead for the changes by restarting or rebooting the system safely.
Step 13. Windows Defender Signature
- Remove all the disordered signatures from your device to remove Windows update error 0x80070643.
- Open command prompt as an administrator. Enter this command “%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MPCMDRUN.exe” -RemoveDefinitions -All to clean the corrupted signatures. It will help you further download and install the new “Windows Defender Signature” update.
- %ProgramFiles70\Windows Defender\MPCMDRUN.exe” -SignatureUpdate/”%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MPCMDRUN.exe” -SignatureUpdate –MMPC will lead you to install new and non-corrupted Windows Defender Signature.
Step 14. Lost Data Recovery
Lastly, data backup is always a bright choice to save your data from any loss in windows error 0x80070643 or any other system error. If that could not happen for a while, use the Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery Software to recover the lost data. Due to this option, you can find almost 1000+ data types supporting Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7, crashed system recovery, multiple devices activeness, and more.
See also - How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070001?
The Final Note
2018-11 update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (kb4023057) – error 0x80070643 must have been resolved now. Our different alternatives have summarized the changed case and the cause of trouble with your PC to troubleshoot it. All in all, some theories may not be relevant to you, but they are effective for other errors. Choose your solutions wisely and make yourself stress-free.