Numerous algorithm modifications were implemented when Windows 10 was introduced. The search bar, which was absent in earlier iterations, was one minor addition. In order to start searching, you had to launch the Start menu. It appears that certain customers’ systems are missing the Windows search bar. There are two possibilities here. There is either a problem or the search bar is not open. In either case, searching for anything is a hassle when the search bar isn’t readily apparent to you. Well, this article will be a complete guide for you to get the “windows search bar not working” resolved as we will provide here some methods by which you can easily fix it.
How Can You Fix “Windows Search Bar Not Working” Issue?
Here, we are going to discuss the most effective and useful methods which will definitely resolve the “Windows 10 search bar not working” or “search bar html” issue. You can try any of the below-mentioned methods by your own choice and quickly get rid of “search bar windows” trouble in your system. Keep reading forward.
Method 1: Turn off Tablet Mode
Does your screen have Tablet Mode turned on? In order to preserve space and create room for everything else while in tablet mode, the Windows search bar will be eliminated. Access the Action Center and disable it.
The keyboard shortcut Windows key+A can be used to open the Action Center and disable the tablet mode to fix the Windows search bar not working problem.
Method 2: Turn off the Use of Small Taskbar Buttons
Another frequent reason for the “search bar windows” problem is that the tiny taskbar buttons option is turned on. To get the Windows 10 search bar to reappear once again, you may need to disable the Use tiny taskbar buttons option.
All you need to do is just follow the following steps properly:
- First, launch the Settings app by pressing the Win + I buttons simultaneously.
- Secondly, select Taskbar from the left-hand menu under Personalization.
- Thirdly, on the right panel, deselect the option for Use small taskbar buttons.
Hence, the Windows 10 search bar should indeed appear when you have removed the Use tiny taskbar buttons option. If not, choose the Show search box by selecting Cortana from the context menu when you right-click the Taskbar.
Method 3: Set Up a New User Account
Try creating a new user account on your system to solve the missing search bar problem in Windows 10 if you are still unable to resolve it. However, if you want to set up a new user account, you must migrate all of your personal documents and folders. Therefore, to establish a new user account on your system, follow the steps listed below properly –
- First, open Settings and select Accounts.
- Secondly, select the Family & other users tab.
- Then, under the Other users section, choose to Add someone else to this PC.
- Thirdly, choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information and then pick Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Now, type in your username and password (if applicable), then click Next to finish the process creating a new user profile.
- Then, select the Family & other users tab, and after selecting the new account, choose Change account type from the list of options under Other users.
- Accordingly, the Account category should indeed be modified from Standard User to Administrator before clicking OK to apply the modifications.
- Log out of the current user account and log in with the new one.
- Since Cortana is disabled, you must first right-click the Taskbar, then choose Cortana, and last select the Show search box.
Hence, the “search bar windows” or the Windows 10 search bar missing problem can be fixed once you have completed these following steps.
Method 4: Update the Display Driver
To fix the problem with the search bar Windows, Microsoft advises upgrading display drivers. Despite his lack of justification, some research suggests that obsolete drivers may be to blame for a number of problems. Well, it probably wouldn’t hurt to update them. In the event that you don’t like them, you may always roll them back. Follow the steps below carefully –
- Firstly, locate the Device Manager, then launch it.
- Secondly, click twice on monitors and display adapters. By right-clicking and choosing Update drivers, you may update the drivers for the relevant devices.
Hence, if you do not like the update, right-click once more and choose Properties this time. simply select the Roll Back Driver button situated under the Driver tab. Once the procedure is finished, reboot your computer.
Method 5: Activate the Search Bar with the Registry Editor
You might try modifying the Registry Editor to activate the search bar as it is extremely beneficial and can be used to solve many difficulties like windows 10 taskbar frozen. However, if you make an error, your system could result in data loss or perhaps even malfunction, so you should make a backup of each unique key beforehand.
Therefore, to activate the search bar in your system, carefully follow the steps below –
- First, open the Run box by alternately hitting the Win and R keys.
- Secondly, type regedit into the box and press OK. To launch Registry Editor, choose Yes.
- Next, open the Registry Editor window and navigate to the following location written below –
- In the right panel, pick an empty area and then click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Then, give the newly generated Dword SearchboxTaskbarMode a name.
- Now, double-click SearchboxTaskbarMode, and after that change the Value data to 2, Base to Hexadecimal, and Base to Hexadecimal. To save changes, click OK.
- At last, exit the Registry Editor and then reboot your system to verify that the Windows 10 search bar missing problem has been solved.
Method 6: Restart/Reboot the Windows Explorer
Numerous functions, including the Taskbar and Windows Search button on it, may indeed be reactivated by rebooting Windows Explorer.
Note: Before continuing, save all work since any windows that are now active will be closed.
Therefore, follow the steps mentioned below to apply this method –
- Firstly, to open the Task Manager, press the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys on your keyboard.
- Secondly, choose Restart from the context menu when you right-click on the Windows Explorer process in the Processes tab.
Read more: IS MEDIAFIRE SAFE TO DOWNLOAD | A DETAILED GUIDE (LATEST)
Well, this is all you need to know about “Windows search bar not working”. In conclusion, you shouldn’t panic too much if the search bar on your Windows 10 disappears or if you face the “search bar windows” issue, since you may attempt the effective methods we discussed in this article to resolve it. Additionally, to safeguard your computer, you should set up a backup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: How to find search box in Windows 10?
Ans: To find and resolve the windows 10 search bar not working issue, you can follow the steps below.
Choose Taskbar settings by holding down the mouse button (or right-clicking) on the taskbar. However, to extend the section, choose Taskbar Items, and then turn on the Search setting.
Q2: How can you fix the search bar Windows issue?
Ans: To fix windows 10 search bar not working, you need to follow the methods given below,
- Set Up a New User Account.
- Activate the search bar with the Registry Editor.
- Turn off Tablet Mode.
- Activate the search bar with the Registry Editor.
- Turn off the Use of Small Taskbar Buttons.
Q3: Can Windows Search be turned off?
Ans: If you truly don’t want to use Windows Search at all, you may disable it without any issues. The indexing of all files will halt if you disable Windows Search by turning off the Windows Search service. However, you may use the search function.
- Brayden Adam is a highly acclaimed tech expert who has been working in the industry for over 10 years. He is well-versed in various areas of technology, from software design and development to networking and system administration. Brayden Adam has extensive experience in developing cutting-edge software solutions and managing complex IT deployments. He also specializes in data storage, security, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies. With his vast knowledge and expertise in these areas, Brayden Adam is a sought-after consultant for many businesses seeking to take their operations to the next level.
- Technology2023.03.09Top Ways To Protect Yourself From Scams and Frauds While Using Cash App (Latest Edition)
- Technology2023.03.02A Know-How Guide To Fix Not Receiving Text Messages On Android Issue?
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Splitter: What is it? Which One to Buy? Is it Worth it? (All You Need To Know)
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Cable: What is it? What Are The Limitation? All Latest 2023