When it comes to advanced and high-end security software for your system, people prefer using Norton. It offers some advanced features to users to prevent all types of devices. But, unfortunately, you can still face issues while using this application or even while installing it on the system. One such common error is Error id 9012 13819. Norton error 9012, 13819 occurs when you attempt to connect to a VPN network and you fail to do so. In this post, we have explained to you what Norton error 9012 13819 error is and how you can get rid of the issue.
Why Does Norton 9012 13819 Error Occur
Now before proceeding with the troubleshooting guide, you must know why you have encountered the issue. So, here are all the reasons for which the Norton 9012 13819 error on your system.
- The very common reason is that the services like IPauth and IKE are not running on your system.
- Next, you can also face the issue if the base filtering engine is not working on the system.
- Moreover, the error can occur if the network is not configured on your system.
- Other than this, there are chances that the Norton DNS service ports are blocked on the system.
- You can also face the issue if the traffic is blocked on the DNS network.
Methods to Resolve Norton Error Id: 9012, 13819
So now you are aware of the reasons for which you can encounter Norton Error 9012, 13819, you can now proceed with fixing the issue. Below we have listed all the methods that you can follow to fix the Norton 9012, 13819.
Method 1: Delete Norton From The System
Now, there are chances that you are facing the Norton error id: 9012, 13819 because of the corrupted Norton installation file. So, to fix the issue, we suggest you remove the application from the system and then install the same on the system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open the Run window on the screen by pressing the Windows key and R key together.
- You will then have to type appwiz.cpl in the Run window and then hit the enter key.
- Now, you will have to click on the Ok button.
- When done, you will have to look for the Norton 360 application from the list. When found, you will have to click on it.
- Now, you will have to choose to uninstall the application.
- Also, when asked, choose to remove all the data.
- When done, you will have to choose the Next option in the subscription period warning window.
- After this, you will have to wait for the application to uninstall.
- When uninstalled, you will have to choose to restart the application on the system.
Method 2: Download and Install Norton
Another thing that you can do o fix the Norton error Id: 13819 is to download Norton using your Norton account only. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- For this, you will have to sign in to your Norton account.
- Make sure to type the email ID and password properly and then click on the sign-in option.
- When done, you will have to go to the Get started window and then choose to download Norton.
- Now, you will have to click on the I agree on option in the Norton license window and then begin the downloading process.
- After this, you will have to open your downloads section of the browser and then click on the file that you have recently downloaded.
- When done, you may receive the User account control window on the screen. You need to click on the continue option.
- Next, follow all the instructions appearing on the screen and complete the installation process.
- Norton will now be downloaded and activated on your system.
Method 3: Enable All VPN Services
The last method that we suggest you follow is to start all the VPN-related services on the system. Below we have listed all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to open the Run window on the system by pressing the Windows key and R key together on the keyboard.
- You will then have to type services.msc in the Run window and then press the Enter key.
- Next, you will have to look for the IKE and AuthIP key modules from the services list.
- After this, you will have to check if the service is running or not. If it is not running, you will have to choose the start option and then choose OK.
- When done, you will have to look for the base filtering engine option and then choose to start the service.
- In the end, you will have to close the services window.
All the methods mentioned above will help you to get rid of the Norton Error 9012 13819. In case the above methods didn’t help you resolve the issue, you will have to contact the support team.