Are you stuck with a google server IP address that could not be found? In order to resolve it, you ended up scratching your head. If so, then you no longer need to worry, as we are here to rescue you from this frustrating error. However, we are coming up with a guide that has 9 resolving tactics to rectify and eliminate the error in a few clicks. Fortunately, we have got all covered, from its meaning to the causes and to the top resolvers. Well, if you want to resolve the error server IP address cannot be found, then you must read our guide and get your chrome working again.
What Does “Server IP Address Could Not Be Found Error” Mean?
If you search for something and your system shows “Server IP Address Could Not Be Found Error,” you must get freaked out first, and you will start to look for the resolving methods. But before that, you must know what it actually means. Well, it means that the server of your system and the server of the site that you want to reach are unable to connect. Thus, it showed the error “couldn’t find the IP address.”
Causes of “Google Server IP Address Could Not Be Found”?
When it comes to finding the cause of the error, then you can find it on your end and the site’s end as well. However, the solutions are reason based. Thus, you must understand all the possible reasons to resolve your error with our reason-based solutions coming in the further section.
- Bad Internet Connection: If the internet connection through which you are connected is weak, then you are more prone to see this error. You must check your internet connection. You can try accessing another site to check where the problem is located.
- Problematic Cache: If the random and unnecessary cache in your computer takes up important space, then you are likely to get the error. In order to resolve this, you can try deleting unwanted cache from your system. This will not only result in eliminating the error, but also it will help you to improve the smooth running of your overall system.
- Down DNS server: If the DNS server is down at your end, then again, you will encounter this error. You can simply detect the cause of the error coming on your screen If it writes, “the DNS IP address could not be found.”
- Site is Down: Another possible cause for the error coming on your screen is the server of the site that you want to access is down. You must wait for a while to get your chrome back on track for this cause, as the problem is not at your end.
Top 9 Troubleshooters For “Server Could Not Be Found”?
After getting a proper rationale for its meaning and the causes, one must look for reason-based troubleshooters for the error. Thus, we have prepared detailed stepwise troubleshooters for you. Try the following method one by one and rectify your error within a few clicks.
1. Restart Google Chrome
The best troubleshooter for any kind of problem in chrome is restarting it entirely. Restarting chrome will help you to re-establish the connection with all the sites and the pages you want to browse. Hence, re-establishing it will help you to surf limitlessly.
Simply exit the chrome with the coming red cross option in the top right corner. And relaunch it. Check if you have eliminated the error or not. If not, then you must try the other following methods enlisted below.
2. Make Sure Your Internet Works
The most common and significant reason for the error is that the google server IP address could not be found in the lousy internet connection. Thus, you must check if the error is from your side. Also, try fixing your internet connection. You can try restarting your wifi if your internet is not working. In addition, you must try connecting with a wired connection as it is meant to be more stable and frequent than the wifi connections. Furthermore, you can check if your connection is lacking by connecting to any other site.
3. Verify Your Proxy Settings
Another possible cause for the error coming on google chrome is your proxy server. Might your proxy server be creating a problem with your internet connection. This is why your google chrome is not able to run efficiently. Hence, you will need to tweak some settings on your pc with a proxy. This way, you can manage to eliminate the server error. Let’s see what tweaks you can perform to eliminate the error.
- Go to the start menu and look for proxy settings.
- Here, you can see two options coming on the screen. One Automatically detects settings, and the other uses a proxy server.
- You need to turn on the automatic detect setting option and,
- Turn off using a proxy server option.
After doing this, you must check to open your google chrome and connect to any site. See if the error has gone or not. If not, then simply get on the next method written below.
4. Turn Off Your VPN
If you are connected with a Vypr VPN or any other, then only this step is relevant for you. Either way, you can skip it. A VPN server is most likely to have less connectivity, which ultimately results in showing server IP address cannot be found. In this case, you must turn off your VPN connection to eliminate the error. Furthermore, sometimes the site you want to reach is not approachable to the proxy location, thus resulting in an error. Hence, you must turn off your VPN and try establishing the connection with a standard wifi connection.
5. Use the Internet Connections Troubleshooter
If the above-presented methods fail for you, then you must try using an in-build internet troubleshooter in your system. But what does it do? Well, it simply detects the problem and gives you a way to resolve it. Thus, trying it can give you a productive outcome. Let’s check how one can do so.
- Launch your settings app on your computer.
- Open Update and security option
- Select troubleshooter and see in the right pane, and select additional troubleshooters.
- Navigate to internet troubleshoot
- Click “run the troubleshooter.”
After a few minutes, your system will detect the problem and will show you the solution too. You just need to follow the on-screen wizards to remove the error.
6. Clear the DNS Cache
If your DNS cache is creating problems, then clearing it can bring you productive results. Clearing unnecessary cache can help you to improve the overall performance of your PC. you can optimize the smoothness of running programs. Also, it will help you to remove the random errors coming on your device, such as Server IP Address Could Not Be Found and AMD driver timeout. Let’s check the following steps through which you can perform the cleaning.
- Open your command prompt. You can simply search the command prompt in the search windows.
- Type “IPconfig /flushdns” in the command prompt and press enter.
- Here’s how you can delete all the DNS cache from your system
The above steps are valid for every other Windows computer, but if you have macOS, then you must try out the following steps.
- Open terminal Utility.
- Type “sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder” command in the terminal.
- Put your password and click enter to delete the cache.
7. Clear Chrome Host Cache
Another thing that you can perform for the seamless and errorless performance of your pc is clearing the host cache from your google chrome. It is quite simple. What you need to do is listed below. Follow the easy steps.
- Launch your chrome and type chrome://net-internals/#dns
- Click enter.
- When you get to the next screen, you must select the DNS option coming on the left pane.
- Now, you will get the option “clear host cache.”
- Click it and check if your error has been reduced or if you can access your favorite sites.
8. Enable Dynamic IP Address on Your Windows PC
Enabling a dynamic IP address is one of the significant methods that you can try to remove the error server IP address could not be found. It happens when you manually set the IP address for your system, and your system is unable to show you the result with this inappropriate IP address. Let’s check how one can do so.
- Launch the settings app on your PC.
- Navigate to the network and internet options.
- Click the “change adapter” option.
- Now, you will get the network adapter option; right-click it.
- Select properties.
- Here, you will get a list where you can set the ‘protocol version 4’, click it, and then open its properties.
- In the next screen, you must choose the obtain an automatic server address.
You must press okay to save the changes. Also, you must not forget to restart your system for better execution of the changes you made. Try opening your google chrome and check if the error is eliminated or not.
9. Update Your Network Adapter Driver
Another possible cause for the error is your outdated network driver. Thus, you must keep updating your network drivers timely. If you are confused about how to do so? Don’t worry. We have covered it as well in the below pointers.
- Open the device manager; you can simply enter the search bar and type device manager.
- Now, you can see the list of all the connected devices to your system.
- Navigate to the network drivers.
- Click the drop-down menu and right-mouse on the network device.
- Click to update the driver option.
After doing the above steps, you will encounter a prompt that will ask you whether you want to search automatically for the driver or not. Then you must choose the automatic search option; this way, you can make your upgrading process easier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why does it keep saying the server Cannot be found?
There can be various reasons responsible for the error you are getting on your google chrome. One of the most common reasons for it is a weak internet connection. You must check your internet connection to see if it is working well. Another possible reason is the unnecessary cache in your computer.
Q2. How do I fix being unable to connect to the server issue?
There are various ways to fix the server error you are getting in chrome. You can re-establish the connection, and you can try clearing the unwanted cache from your system. Another thing that you can try is to upgrade your network drivers.
Q3. What is the meaning of couldn’t connect to the server?
When your system and phone show that it is unable to connect to the server, then it means your network adapters are not able to connect with the local network servers.
If you are struggling with the chrome error “Server IP Address Could Not Be Found,” then you must be freaked out at first, but you can resolve it with our top 9 methods that we have listed above. You can use any of the above methods to resolve the error. However, you must check to reach other sites if the issue is at your end or the site’s end to which you want to navigate. If you are still left with any query unanswered, then you can connect us anytime.
- Aaron Stoinis is a specialist in media content creation and writing with an emphasis on cutting-edge technology ranging from the gaming industry to motherboards, graphics cards, and their integration. Through his writing and editing, he has become one of Norton dns's most important contributors. His primary contribution to the team stems from his interests, which include gaming mods, exploits, and their integration, the most recent system updates, and graphics card mechanisms and their updates; he is committed to producing the most innovative and effective results for his creativity by staying abreast of the latest trends and innovations. His passion for affirmation niches and writing is amazing, and he enjoys imparting his expertise and experience to others. Aaron Stoinis is a master at making up stories and making worlds that are interesting to read about.
- Laptop/PC2023.03.14CCleaner com Vs iolo com: Which System Cleaner is Best For You? (All Latest Details)
- Technology2023.03.03How To Speed Up Steam Downloads? Why is it So Slow? (Everything Answered Here)
- Technology2023.03.02How To Download Music To Your Phone? Top 8 Ways (You Must Try)
- Gaming2023.02.27TinyTask – What Exactly is it? What is its Use? (All Latest Information 2023)