The dreaded Windows error known as a “Blue Screen of Death” (BSOD) can have devastating consequences on your computer. In the most extreme scenario, they could restrict you from launching Windows altogether and from obtaining any access to your data. Page Fault in Nonpaged Area has served as the stop code for a current BSOD issue that several Windows users have encountered. It is unclear from this quite general description of a stop code whether a system service or program is responsible for the problem.
Hence, this article will really be a very helpful guide for you as we will provide some useful methods to fix the “page fault in non paged area” error on your computing system.
What Causes The “Page Fault In Nonpaged Area” Error?
Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area BSODs are typically triggered by defective operating systems, system components, or malfunctioning drivers. Occasionally, this problem can come up with unauthorized security software. These comprise antivirus software, anti-cheat software, and much more.
When a driver, system service, or application attempts to reach a page file that is supposed to be on your system but isn’t right now, your computer collapses with a Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD. As an outcome, Windows pauses and collapses with Page Fault in Non paged Area BSOD stop signal.
How To Resolve “Page Fault In Nonpaged Area” Error?
Given that this is a stop code that might reflect a multitude of challenges, we recommend beginning with the methods described below. Therefore, try the following techniques in Safe mode if you’re having difficulty finding Windows to load up the operating system.
Note: In the event that your computer malfunctions while in Safe mode, you could also deploy recovery media and CMD.
Method 1: Restart your PC/Laptop
This is the first and the simplest method to get cut off from “page fault in non-paged area” or “page_fault_in_nonpaged_area windows 10”. By just restarting your computer, you may resolve many Windows errors. Furthermore, this universal method can also fix the user profile services failed the sign in issue.
This is due to the fact that when you reboot/restart your system, transient files are removed and any application using unnecessary RAM is discontinued, which makes your computer quicker.
Method 2: Remove Third-party Antivirus Software
Some antivirus software might generate incorrect positives that can force you to quit the application you’re using. Some are incompatible and may result in PC driver issues. Uninstalling the antivirus software can be the remedy if, despite disabling it, you continue to experience the issue.
Therefore, to be confident that no virus is conflicting with your system’s functioning and resulting in the host process error, execute a full system scan before uninstalling the software. A complete system scan can assist in eradicating any malware and any related malware programs that may be the issue.
Method 3: Execute the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
You could perhaps consider using the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to resolve the “page_fault_in_nonpaged_area Windows 10” error. Hence, you can adhere to the steps mentioned below to employ the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool to solve the problem –
- To start the procedure, type “Memory Diagnostic” into the search field and then hit “Windows Memory Diagnostic.”
- Now, select “Restart immediately and check for issues (recommended)” from the drop-down menu.
- Next, wait for the computer to detect the issues. Later, the system will highlight the issue identified on your screen after the scan is completed.
Method 4: Expand the Virtual Memory
One can likewise expand the virtual memory if indeed the “page fault in nonpaged area” error still remains. Therefore, increasing virtual memory is possible as mentioned below:
1: Launch the virtual memory’s settings window in the first step.
- First, activate “File Explorer”. Now, right-click “This PC” and then select “Properties.”
- Secondly, select “Advanced System Settings”. Now, click “Settings” on the Advanced Page of System Properties’ “Performance” box.
- In the pop-up “Performance Options” window, click on the “Advanced” tab and select “Change” in the Virtual Memory box.
2: Remove the automated management of paging file sizes.
- First, select “Automatically manage paging file size for all discs” and deselect it.
- Secondly, select the C drive as your section, check “No paging file,” and afterward click “Set” to preserve it.
- Next, select “Yes” from the menu.
3: Configure the required virtual RAM on a non-system partition.
- First, select a non-system partition and then pick “Custom Size.”
- Now, to prevent the system from repeatedly requesting page files of various sizes set the same value both for “Initial Size” and “Maximum Size.”
- Next, to save, click “Set”>” Ok.”
Method 5: Begin the Hardware Troubleshooter
You can employ the Troubleshooter to determine whether your hardware is malfunctioning as hardware errors can also cause “page fault in nonpaged area” errors. Follow the steps below in order to apply this method –
- First, to proceed, select Settings from the Start menu.
- Secondly, on the Settings tab, choose Update & security to proceed.
- Next, choose Troubleshoot and choose Hardware & Devices on the right. Next, choose Run the troubleshooter.
- Right now, wait patiently for the system to detect any problems. Now, following the positioning process, the error will be highlighted if one exists.
Method 6: Disable Fast Startup
Windows starting time is slashed owing to Fast Startup. On your Windows PC, the such capability may, nevertheless, result in a great amount of blue or black screen issues. One may thus resolve startup issues like “page fault in non paged area” by deactivating the Fast Startup option. This approach can only be employed if your computer can start in safe mode or with the standard initialization phase. Below are the steps you need to follow –
- First, start Windows or install media twice in a row without success, then boot into “WinPE”.
- Secondly, click “Troubleshoot” > “Advanced Options” > “Startup Settings” to enter safe mode.
- Next, select “Enable Safe Mode with Networking” by clicking the F5 key after just a while.
Hence, following the procedures listed below, you may now disable the Fast Startup feature:
- First, press the “Start” button and then select the “Settings” button.
- Now, click on “System” and then “Power & Sleep”. Next, choose “Additional Power Settings.” Now, in the upper left corner, click “Choose what the power button does”.
- Now, select “Change settings that are not currently unavailable”. After that, uncheck “Tap on fast startup” and press “Save changes”.
Hence, you are now knowledgeable of how to resolve the “page fault in nonpaged area” error. Well, there are various ways to repair the error, as you can see, so there’s no need to get concerned if you run across this one. To fix the problem, continue trying each of the aforementioned methods one at a moment. Don’t forget to apply Recoverit Data Recovery to effortlessly recover lost or unsaved data.
Q1: What is a page fault error?
Ans: An operating system or program has contaminated the virtual memory if the appropriate page on the disc cannot be located, which leads to a page fault error. When such an incident occurs, the user must reload the software.
Q2: Can a computer run without RAM?
Ans: No, you won’t be capable of turning on your system without RAM, however, you’ll get numerous pings immediately to highlight this. RAM is a component of any computer system that transmits commands and information to the Processor.
Q3: What stops a computer from starting up?
Ans: Windows might not boot correctly due to a defective motherboard, graphics chipset, or RAM component.
- Brayden Adam is a highly acclaimed tech expert who has been working in the industry for over 10 years. He is well-versed in various areas of technology, from software design and development to networking and system administration. Brayden Adam has extensive experience in developing cutting-edge software solutions and managing complex IT deployments. He also specializes in data storage, security, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies. With his vast knowledge and expertise in these areas, Brayden Adam is a sought-after consultant for many businesses seeking to take their operations to the next level.
- Technology2023.03.09Top Ways To Protect Yourself From Scams and Frauds While Using Cash App (Latest Edition)
- Technology2023.03.02A Know-How Guide To Fix Not Receiving Text Messages On Android Issue?
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Splitter: What is it? Which One to Buy? Is it Worth it? (All You Need To Know)
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Cable: What is it? What Are The Limitation? All Latest 2023