Ntkrnlmp.exe stands for NT Kernel Multi-Processor, an executable file that helps program execution with the ntkrnlmp file. In your Operating System, it assists in loading and running the program as an ” NT Kernel & system process” into random access memory. If any issue occurs with this kernel function, the system crashes.
After deep-dive research on the error, we have found various causes with solutions for a better understanding of it. Let’s begin.
What Causes Ntkrnlmp.exe BSOD?
When the error arises, the Blue screen of Death shows the user the presence of ntkrnlmp.exe in a particular program. Kernel acts for operating system processes, programs, and other units to run the computer smoothly. Now, if for any reason, the program containing the ntkrnlmp file triggers any issue, it appears as ntkrnlmp.exe BSOD Windows 10 or 11.
Several causes create this error. This includes:
- The graphic card driver is responsible for most of the error hits.
- Adapters and power cord damage.
- Installation of new software, computer maintenance, applications, devices, and drivers.
- Third-party program software installation.
- Windows System Updates Installation.
- Systems malware and viruses.
- Damaged, wrong installation, or corrupted Bluetooth driver.
- Incompatible driver installation in the system.
- Restrictive settings in Windows Operating system files.
How to Fix Ntkrnlmp.exe BSOD Error ?
The user can try numerous methods to resolve the issue. However, they will differ as per the OS. In this article, we are adding some solutions for system error troubleshooters.
Solution 1. Graphic Card Driver Update
The corrupted Graphic card driver is the major cause of this ntkrnlmp.exe BSOD Windows 10 error. The Blue Screen of Death error is repairable with a faulty driver update.
- Open the “Device Manager” using the right click of the mouse on the Windows Icon of the system. A drop list will pop-up. Choose “Display Adapters” to expand it for the “Graphic Card Driver” option.
- Click on the “Update Driver” for the “Context Menu.” A screen will appear on the system with the option “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Restart the system at last.
Solution 2. System File Checker
- Open the Command prompt in the system and type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. Press the Enter button.
- Furthermore, use SFC /scannow to search the list of corrupted files in the system and fix them accordingly.
- Moreover, one can go for the Windows disk feature check by opening Windows File Explorer and opening the targeted disk.
- Check the “Properties> Tools” option to move on to the “Check Button.”
Solution 3. Boot the PC in a Safe Mode
In case of an error, the system starts auto-booting. To get rid of ntkrnlmp.exe BSOD, try these simple steps.
- Use CD, DVD, and USB flash drive to connect them & press the Enter Button, and hit the F2/F8/F10/F12, delete backspace.
- Press the “Next Button” after language preference. Next, select “Repair your computer” displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to “Advanced Options” to mark the category “Troubleshoot.” A new Window will appear to select “Enable Safe Mode”.
- Tap the “Restart Button” and wait for its completion.
Solution 4. Uninstallation of Complicated Apps
Drivers, software, program, and hard drives are some of the causes of this BSOD error. Moreover, the operator may face the issue because of the newly installed applications without authorization. Uninstallation of complicated apps is necessary with these steps.
- Access the “Control Panel” for “Programs and Features” Or go to “Settings>Apps>Apps & Features.”
- Hit the “Installation Folder” for the usage of “Uninstallation Execute File.” Not just that, one can use the app uninstaller for this process and wait for the execution of the above steps.
Solution 5. Disable ” EIST & C-states” in BIOS
The error can occur because “Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology or EIST” is a power-saving aspect of Intel in managing the clock speed. If it gets hit, the user faces this issue in the Operating System. You will have to disable this feature.
- Shut down your Personal Computer and start it again using the “Power Button.” Switch to the “BIOS Mode” to boot the system and hit the Function 2 or Delete key when asked to do it.
- On the “BIOS Setup Utility,” go for the “Advanced Menu” and choose ” CPU configuration.” Lead yourself to the “CPU Power Management” to disable the ” Intel EIST and C-state.”
- Confirm the changes and close the tab to restart the computer.
Solution 6. Use Driver Verifier Manager for Driver Issues
The driver verifier manager helps resolve the issues relevant to kernel or graphics drivers. Follow these steps.
- Go to the search bar of your Windows operating system to search “Verifier” and tap Enter. Next, find the “Create Standard Settings” option.
- Select ” Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer” & press the “Finish Button.”
- It will scan the issues in the drivers and fix them. After the complete procedure, restart the PC.
Solution 7. Virus and Malware Scan
Viruses and malware can be one of the causes of the NT Kernel Multi-Processor error. It crashes Windows and stops you from operating the system. A deep scan is necessary to fix the issue. Get your antivirus check mode on and fix this error in case your system is under malware or virus attack.
The Final Words
It is for sure that you can rely on any of these solutions and you will find yourself a step ahead in resolving the error. Yes, you can change the method anytime if one doesn’t work. But, it will be good to know the exact cause of the error to get the best results. In case you are still stuck somewhere, we are always available for you 24×7.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 What Does Ntkrnlmp.exe Do?
It helps the programs hosting and other processes to run the system flawlessly.
Q2. What is Ntkrnlmp.exe BSOD?
BSOD, or the Blue screen of Death, displays an error that occurred while running and loading the program in the RAM having an Ntkrnlmp file.
- Brayden Adam is a highly acclaimed tech expert who has been working in the industry for over 10 years. He is well-versed in various areas of technology, from software design and development to networking and system administration. Brayden Adam has extensive experience in developing cutting-edge software solutions and managing complex IT deployments. He also specializes in data storage, security, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies. With his vast knowledge and expertise in these areas, Brayden Adam is a sought-after consultant for many businesses seeking to take their operations to the next level.
- Technology2023.03.09Top Ways To Protect Yourself From Scams and Frauds While Using Cash App (Latest Edition)
- Technology2023.03.02A Know-How Guide To Fix Not Receiving Text Messages On Android Issue?
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Splitter: What is it? Which One to Buy? Is it Worth it? (All You Need To Know)
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Cable: What is it? What Are The Limitation? All Latest 2023