No matter how great protection the Norton application provides to your system, you can still encounter issues while using the application. In this article, we have discussed Norton 9012 error series. We have explained to you the different error codes that you can encounter related to the Norton 9012 error series. Other than this, a complete troubleshooting guide is also provided to fix the issue.
Know More About Norton Error 9012
Well, before we list all the error 9012 codes, you need to what this error series indicates. Norton 9012 series indicate that there is some issue with the VPN and it is disrupting the connection process. The error prompt appears with the message: an error is preventing VPN from connecting. Here is a list of all the error codes that you can face:
- Norton error 9012, 87
- Error code 9012, 13819
- Norton error 9012, 809
Reasons for Facing Norton 9012 Error Series
There are different reasons for which you can face the Norton 9012 error. Here are some of the possible reasons for it:
- System firewall is causing the issue.
- In case the UDP ports are blocked.
- In case the VPN traffic is blocked.
- Service like base filtering is not working on the system.
Fixation Methods for Norton 9012 Error Series
Now, here are all the methods that you need to follow to fix the Norton 9012 error series. Each method is mentioned in detail, so, make sure to follow all the steps in the same way as mentioned.
Method 1: Enabling the Network Services of VPN
The very first method that we suggest you follow to fix Norton 9012 error is to enable the network services of your VPN. Check out the steps that you need to follow.
- First, you will have to open the Run window on the screen by pressing the Windows key and R key together on the keyboard.
- When done, you will have to type services.msc in the Run window and hit the enter key.
- The services window will then open on the screen.
- You will then have to look for the IKE and AuthIpmodules from the list.
- You will now have to click on the start option if you have not started the service on the system.
- When done, you will have to repeat the same steps with the base filtering service. Make sure to start the service again.
- In the end, you will have to terminate the service window and then check if you are facing the same issue.
Method 2: Downloading Norton
Now, the next method on this list is to download the Norton software from the Norton account only. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to open the Norton.com/setup website. You will then have to sign in to your Norton account.
- Next, you will have to make sure to type your correct credentials. In case you have not entered them correctly, you may have to type them again.
- After this, you will be redirected to the Get started window. You will then have to choose to download Norton on the system.
- Now, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions.
- When done, you will have to go to the display window. To open the display window, you will have to press the Ctrl key and J key together in case you are using Windows and if you are a Mac user, you will have to press the command key, L key, and Option key together.
- After this, you will have to hover to the continue button and then choose the user account control option.
- Now, you will have to follow all the instructions properly and then install the Norton application on the system, and then activate it.
Know about norton error 3048-3
Method 3: Remove Norton from the System
In case there is some issue with the Norton software that you are using, you will have to delete the software from the system and install it again. For this, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to open the Run window on the screen. You will then have to type appwiz. CPL In the Run window.
- You will then have to click on the Ok button.
- When done, you will have to look for the Norton 360 application and then click on the same.
- Now, when you will click on it, you will get the option to uninstall or remove it. Choose to uninstall option.
- You will then have to choose the option to remove all the user data.
- Now, the subscription warning window will appear on the screen and you need to choose the Next button.
- When done, choose the option to restart the system and then after restarting, check if the issue is resolved or not.
These were some proven troubleshooting methods to fix Norton 9012 error series. We have explained each method in detail for convenience. If you still encounter the issue, you will have to talk to the expert team.