Despite all the features that Norton antivirus has to offer, you can also face issues while using the application. One of the common error codes that you can face while using the application is Norton error 3048,3. This error message appears when you install any program on the system or you are trying to install the Symantec-related application on the system when the Norton application is running on the system. So, if you have also encountered the Norton Error 3048,3, you must know when and why you have encountered the error. Here, in this post, we have explained to you what Norton Error 3048, 3 is and how you can get rid of the same.
Triggers of Norton Error Id: 3048, 3
Now, in this section, we have explained to you why you have encountered the Norton error 3048,3. Check out all the reasons below.
- The very common reason is that you have downloaded the corrupted Norton file on the system or you have not installed it properly.
- Next, you can also encounter the issue when the Windows registry is corrupted on your system.
- Also, you can face the issue if the windows system file is corrupted on your system.
- Lastly, you can face the issue if you have deleted the files related to Norton mistakenly.
Troubleshoot Norton Error 3048, 3 With these Steps
So, here, we have explained to you how you can troubleshoot the Norton error Id: 3048, 3. Make sure to follow all the steps in the same way as mentioned.
Method 1: Scan Your System for Malware
The very first thing that you will have to do is to scan your system and check if there is any malware attack on your system. Because of the malware scan, you can get rid of such issues. Malware attacks can delete all the important files from the system and also, lead to a lot of runtime issues.
Method 2: Delete the Junk Files from the System
When you work on your system, the temporary files can build up on the system. Because of these junk files, you can encounter a lot of issues while using any application or even updating the same. So, to get rid of the Norton Error 3048, 3, you will have to remove the temporary or junk files from the system. For this, you can also open the disk cleanup on your system and then choose the files that you wish to remove from the system. Other than the issues that you can face, you can also see that the performance of your system may also reduce drastically.
Method 3: Verifying All the Norton Registry Files
Now, the next method that you can use to fix the error is to check all the registry files related to the Norton application. Below we have listed all the steps that you need to follow.
- For this, you will have to start the Run window on the system and type cmd in the window.
- You will then have to hit the enter key.
- Next, you will have to make sure to open the CMD using Admin credentials.
- When done, you need to type Regedit and then hit the enter key.
- Now, you will have to look for the registry files related to Norton.
- When you will found all the files, you will have to click on the option to export the file.
- Next, you will have to repair the files. After this, try to start the Norton application on the system.
- In case you are not aware of how to repair the registry files, you will have to contact an IT professional
So, we have come to an end of this article. We have tried explaining all the methods that you can use to fix the Norton error 3048, 3. Hopefully, the article has helped you. In case you continue facing the issue, contacting the support team will help you.