Issues in any software can occur because of technical glitches as well as user mistakes. But they need to be resolved soon to keep working on the application smoothly. In this post, we have discussed the Norton error 13801. This is one of the prevalent errors you will come across while using the application. The error message states that there is some issue in connecting to VPN. This simply happens because of incorrectly configured RAS certificate settings on the server or client system. Also, it may usually happen when the certificate is expired on the server system.
In case you are also facing the Norton error 13801, this troubleshooting guide will help you. Here, we have explained to you what this issue is and how you can resolve the same. Also, check out all the common reasons for which the error occurs on your system.
Triggers of Norton Error 13801
To fix the issue easily and avoid any further complications, one must know the reasons for which they can encounter the issue. Below we have listed all the possible reasons for facing the Norton 13801 error.
- The name of the VPN server is different on the server system and client system.
- There are chances that the machine certificate is expired on the RAS server.
- Other than this, you can also face the issue if your machine certificate on the RAS server is no more authenticated.
- The next possible reason can be that the client system may not have any information about the RAS certificate.
Fixation for Norton Error 13801
Norton error id 13801 comes up without any prior notification. But, you need to resolve it as soon as possible to continue using the application. Here, we have explained to you all the methods that you can use to fix the VPN is currently unable to connect issue. Check out all the methods and make sure to follow them in the same way as mentioned.
Solution 1: Changing VPN Region
So, if you are facing issues while connecting to VPN in a certain region, you can try changing the region and then attempt to access VPN. For this, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first thing that you will have you do is to add another connection.
- Now, you will have to try connecting to the secure VPN.
- After this, you will have to choose the VPN region that you have to access.
- If you are a US user, you will have to try to set up the connection for the USA or Canada region.
- Other than this, you will have to try setting up the connection for France or Switzerland if you are a German user.
- In the end, you will have to check if you are facing the same issue. If the issue persists, switch to another method.
Solution 2: Login To Your Norton Account Again
The next method on the list is to sign in to your Norton account again and then try accessing the VPN. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to open the Norton secure VPN on your system.
- You will then have to check out the upper side of the VPN window.
- Now, under this, you will have to look for the user icon and then click on the same.
- Choose to sign out of the account.
- When done, you will have to start your system again.
- Now, again open the Norton secure VPN and then check if the Norton error 13801 is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Check and Match Subject’s Name
So, if you are still facing the issue after following the methods mentioned above, this method can help you resolve the issue. Below we have mentioned all the steps to match the subjects name to the certificate.
- To start with, you will have to open the clients system.
- Next, you will have to look for the VPN settings.
- In the VPN settings, you will have to click on the general tab.
- Under this, you will have to look for another tab with the name hostname of the IP address.
- When done, you will have to ensure that you have added the subject name on the certificate rather than adding the IP address of the certificate.
Solution 4: Updating Norton
In case any method didnt help you resolve the Norton error 13801, you can try updating the Norton application and then try connecting. Below we have listed all the steps that you will have to follow.
- To start with, you will have to make sure that you have access to the Norton security software.
- For this, you need to first open the Norton security software on the system.
- After this, you will have to hover to the my Norton window and then click on the open option.
- Next, you will be redirected to the Norton main window. You will have to look for the security option and then click on the same.
- When done, you will have to move to the live update tab and then click on the same.
- Now, you will have to also check the official Norton website and then check if there is any latest update available or jot.
- Following this, the scanning process to look for all the available updates will begin.
- When done, you will have to click on the ok button.
- Also, you need to make sure that the message stating that all the important updates are downloaded appears on the screen.
- When this is done, you will have to terminate all the windows and tabs.
- Next, you will have to start your system again and check if the error id: 13801 is resolved or not.
So, we have come to an end of this troubleshooting guide for Norton error 13801. This is one of the common errors that you can face but is also easy to resolve. With all the methods mentioned above, you will be able to fix the issue Hassle-free. In case the issue persists, you may have to talk to the support team.