If you are also facing issues while connecting your system to Norton VPN, this guide can help you resolve the issue. You may face issues while connecting to Norton VPN in windows especially when the Norton DNS is incorrectly configured on the system. In this article, we have explained to you all the troubleshooting methods to fix the Norton connection error and connect to the VPN without any issue. So, let’s get started with this guide.
Preliminary Things to be Done
Now, before you proceed with resolving the issue, here are certain things that you will have to do. Check out the complete list below.
- To start with, you need to make sure that you have a stable internet connection on your system.
- Also, ensure that the windows operating system and the Norton security software is updated to the latest release.
- When done, you will have to check the expiration of the certificate on the system.
- Next, you will have to try changing the region of the VPN and then attempt to connect. This may help you resolve the error easily.
- Ensure that all the Norton services are working and Up.
Troubleshooting Guide for Norton Connection Error
Now that you are aware of all the reasons for which the Norton connection error can occur, here are some troubleshooting methods that can help you fix the error without any issue. Check out all the methods in detail below.
Method 1: Removing all the Norton Temp Files
If many temp files are present on your system, the Norton connection error may occur on your system. So removing all the Norton temp files and Norton installer files can fix the issue to a certain extent. Here are all the steps that you will have to follow.
- To start with, you will have to hover to the windows icon and then right-click on the same.
- You will then have to choose the temp option.
- Now, delete all the files present in the folder.
- When this is done, you will have to open the temp folder and then choose to delete all the files present In the folder.
- Now, you will have to terminate this window and then open the Run window again.
- In the Run window, you need to type /Users/ and then hit the enter key.
- Under this, you will have to look for the public folder and then click on the same.
- Next, you will have to remove all the files present in that folder and then restart your system.
- When done, start Norton and check if the connection error is fixed or not.
Method 2: Modifying DNS Settings
So, you can also encounter the Norton connection error if the Norton DNS is not configured on your system properly. Therefore, the next solution on this list to fix the Norton connection error is to check and modify the Norton DNS settings. Check out all the relevant steps below.
- For this, you will first have to click on the windows icon and then choose the settings option.
- Now, you will have to click on the network and internet option and then click on the change adapter options.
- When done, the settings window will open on the system. You will have to hover to the adapter option and then right-click on the same.
- Next, you will have to click on the option for TCP/IPv4 option and then choose the properties option
- Now, you will have to click on the use the Following DNS servers option and then under preferred address, type 18.104.22.168
- When done, you will have to type 22.214.171.124. Under the alternate DNS settings. Apply all the changes and then proceed to reboot your device.
- Start Norton and check if it is working fine or not.
Method 3: Disable Fast Startup
Now, the next method on our list to fix the Norton connection error is to disable the fast startup of the Norton service. This usually helps because sometimes because of the fast startup feature, some important elements of the Norton service may not start on the system. So, disabling the service can help. Below we have listed all the steps that you need to follow.
- For this, you will first have to click on the Windows icon and then open the windows search panel. In the search box, you will have to type the control panel.
- In the Control panel, you will have to look for the power options tab.
- On this tab, you will have to choose the option for what does power button do.
- When done, you will have to click on the unavailable settings option.
- Now, you will have to untick the option for fast startup and then proceed to restart your device.
- When done, check if the error is resolved.
This was a complete troubleshooting guide for you to fix the Norton connection error. All the methods are enough to help you get rid of the issue. In case you continue facing the issue, contact the Norton support team.