Installing an antivirus may be a must for a secure and secure PC operation, especially when browsing online. Rightly so, many users choose full-paid versions to possess the entire arsenal of tools at hand. Yet, there are surely reasons its going to be necessary to get rid of the antivirus and, considering a variety of points, its tough. That is why during this article we provide in-depth instruction to uninstall Norton software, a program by Symantec. Also, youll find more information about it within the Norton Antivirus review. First, lets check out the reasons to uninstall Norton.
Why Do Users Want to Uninstall Norton Software?
Users may have to get rid of it for the subsequent reasons: installing another antivirus software, reinstalling Norton thanks to its incorrect work, transferring antivirus files to a different disk drive.
Unfortunately, its not enough to only attend the instrument panel, select a program and delete it. Firstly, most antiviruses have a built-in system that blocks uninstallation (in case any virus tries to uninstall the program). Here you would like to manually confirm each step of the operation. Secondly, additionally to the files of the software itself, Windows stores various plug-ins, libraries, and registry entries. If you only delete the antivirus, theyre going to still remain.
How to Do I Uninstall Norton Software From the System?
Now that you have a perfect reason to remove Norton security from your system then you have to be aware of the ways and the procedure to Uninstall Norton software from the system. Its not very different from the Norton installation process.
1: Delete Norton with third-party software
The best and therefore the fastest solution to uninstall any Symantec program (not just antivirus) is to use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool. The developers of this company have thought beforehand about quality cleaning of programs traces on the users PCs and even have provided them a chance to reinstall Symantec products with no problems.
Run the uninstaller to start with, comply with the usage agreement, without which youll not be ready to continue the method. Click the Agree button at the rock bottom of the window.
By default, the program is configured to uninstall then reinstall the chosen Norton program. If you would like to reinstall the appliance later, click Remove & Reinstall. If you would like to easily delete it - click Advanced Options, where theres just one button - Remove Only. Click it and await the top of the method.
Await the uninstallation to end, then click Restart Now. theres no got to press or clean anything.
2: Remove Norton Toolbar Through IObit Uninstaller
There is one more alternative to remove the Norton Toolbar from the system. The IObit Uninstaller will be a great choice if you want to uninstall Norton antivirus from the system. You just have to install the IObit Uninstaller on your system and then follow the below steps:
Open IObit Uninstaller in Programs. to get rid of antivirus (or the other program), you initially have to find it within the list of programs installed on your PC by sorting or searching. Highlight the antivirus within the special window opposite, then click the Uninstall button at the highest of the menu.
within the new window you would like to verify the selection and also to pick additional features:
- Automatically removing residual files automates the method of deleting residual files and folders, but during this case, you wont be ready to leave a number of them if you would like to.
- Creating a restore point before uninstallation will prevent data loss and errors which will occur after uninstallation. In other words, youll return everything because it was before.
Click Uninstall and await the program to uninstall. The deletion report also will be available. Note: The removal procedure is often considered complete only after restarting the PC. this is applicable to all or any of the programs youve got to uninstall.
Check Out: Norton For Mac
3: Uninstall Norton Antivirus with Windows tools
Special software handles removal and cleaning alright, quickly and comfortably. However, for a few casual users, its easier to use the Windows OS default features. If you dont wish to urge extra tools, follow these instructions on the way to uninstall Norton Antivirus in Windows directly. Note: well roll in the hay on Windows 10 system, yet its similar in Windows 8.1/8/7/XP also.
All active processes associated with the antivirus must be completed before uninstalling Norton. to try to do this, open Task Manager in any convenient way:
- Press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Del > Task Manager;
- Call up the taskbar context menu (right-click on the rock bottom panel, which shows open applications, then click on Task Manager.
- Next, within the Processes menu, look for all processes associated with Norton Antivirus, highlight them and click on End Task. Note: weve noticed that in some systems Norton processes arent running - in such cases, skip this step.
- Right-click Start > Programs and Features within the open window,
- look for Norton AntiVirus, highlight it and click on Uninstall/Change.
- This button will open the integrated application uninstaller.
- Youll have two uninstall options:
- Saving the settings for reinstallation
- Uninstalling completely.
- Choose the one you would like.
- Additionally, the uninstaller will prompt you to put in third-party software, if you would like. Follow the uninstall process and await it to end.
Most of the program has been uninstalled, but usually, unwanted file folders remain on the PC, especially after long usage of the program. Their feature is that theyre hidden for the typical user, numerous dont even suspect their existence. So lets make it visible:
- open File Explorer > Folder Options and choose the Show hidden files and folders check box.
- Then check the subsequent paths for the residual files (and delete if any):
The last step to completely uninstall Norton software security is to wash the registry entries that remain after you uninstall any program. These instructions could seem difficult and not entirely safe for inexperienced users. We recommend employing a special registry cleaner software (free Cleaner, paid Uninstall Tool, etc.).
- Open the registry. Click WIN+R, type Regedit within the window, then click OK. copy the registry just in case. Click File > Export. Specify the file name and site to save lots of it (this file is going to be a backup of the registry). Click Save. Its important to form a habit of backing up your registry whenever before you create changes thereto.
- This will protect you from unforeseen consequences and wrong actions. You would like to delete the folders and/or files of the residual registry entries. Use CTRL+F to call Search and type Norton. Right-click on the found folders or files, and press Delete. Then press F3 to maneuver to the subsequent folder and repeat the method until a notification that the search is completed is going to be displayed.
Also Read: Norton Identity Protection
Remember that the Norton uninstalling process can only be considered completed after your PC is restarted. However, for simple processes and greater security, we recommend that you simply use the special software created for these tasks.