You can join a PlayStation party chat on your mobile phone by using the PlayStation app or playstation app party chat, but if you want to use it on your PC, then what? Well, we have an answer to that question. “PS Remote Play app” by using this app you can access your gaming console remotely on your PC, work laptop, etc. It helps you in a lot of ways, PC monitors have a high refresh rate, and the FPS rate helps a lot while playing shooting games.
PS remote play app was launched by sony in 2016, both for Windows and Mac OS. It’s a complicated process to install and enable the console on your app, but we have broken down the steps into small and easy steps in this article. Hopefully, after reading this article, you will face no problem joining PlayStation party chat on PC.
System Requirements for Installing PS Remote Play App
If you want to access your PlayStation console remotely, then PS remote play app can be helpful for you. With this app, you can control your PS4/PS5 console from a different location. For example, if you want to use your PS4 console from your college or office for some updates or join a group chat, you can do it by using this app from anywhere. However, you should have a high-speed internet connection, including the following requirements:
- Your PC should have a 7th-generation Intel processor and a Windows 10 or 11 OS.
- You should have a PS 4 or PS 5 gaming console.
- To access your console, you will need your controllers, DualSense or DualShock 4. Depending on your console.
- To connect your controller to your PC, you will need a USB cord.
- To go through your PlayStation network sign in you will need your PSN(PlayStation Network) credentials
- Your internet speed should be above 5mbps, both download and upload speeds.
Download and Install
If your Pc has met all the requirements and you are ready to install the PS Remote Play app. Then you have to go to the official page on “PlayStation.com” where you will find the link to download the app. After downloading the app, you have to install it.
The installation process includes 3 easy steps.
- Tap the downloaded file, then tap next to begin installing.
- Select the program file as the install folder.
- Now, tap the install button.
Enabling the Remote App on Your Gaming Console
Now that you have installed the application, you will require the knowledge to use it and the expertise to use it well. To begin with, you have to enable the app on your PS 4 or PS 5 console.
Enabling Process for PS 4
- Select the settings option on your function screen. To toggle through the function screen press the Up command.
- Select the Remote Play Settings
- Click the enable option to activate the app.
- Again, get to the main Settings screen and click on the Account Management option.
- Choose Activate as your Primary PS4 to enable it.
- Turn on the Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS4 from Network settings.
Enabling Process for PS 5
- Open the main Settings menu by pressing the up button on your home screen
- Click the System Option.
- Enable the Remote play option.
- Get back to the main Settings and click on the Users and Accounts option.
- Click on Other, then select Console Sharing and Offline Play.
- Enable it.
- Get back to the main Settings menu and click on System, then Power Saving. Click on the “Features Available in Reset Mode” option.
- Enable the “Stay Connected to the Internet” and activate the “EnableTurning on PS5 from Network” settings.
How to Use the Remote App on Your PC?
After enabling the app on your console, it’s time to start the app on your pc. You have to follow the following steps to access your gaming console remotely.
- Click the PS Remote app icon to open it. Then tap on the “sign in to PSN” option.
- Sign in with your PSN account credentials, you have to do this only once.
- After signing in, you will get two options, modify settings and confirm and continue. If you want to limit data sharing then you can modify it or else you can continue.
- If you have a slow net connection or a low specs system, go to the settings and lower your video resolution and FPS rate.
- Choose which controller you use. After this, you will have to wait until the app connects to your PS 4 or PS 5 console.
How to Join or Create a PlayStation Party Chat
Now that you have enabled the PlayStation app party chat app on your PC, you will be able to see a similar interface on your PC. You can operate it with your controller, just like the same way you use it on your console. We will explain the steps of creating or joining a PlayStation party chat on PC for PS 4 and PS 5.
- First, you have to enable the microphone icon by using your cursor.
- Then tap the Up button on the PS4 controller and go to the main Settings page, select devices, and then audio devices.
- Change the output device and input device to Remote Play Device.
- Then, get back to the Home Screen, go to the main settings page, and select party chat.
- You can join ongoing party chats or start a party chat, which will create a new party chat.
- When you are about to start the Playstation apps party chat, ensure that the microphone unit is unmuted.
- Open the Quick menu to select the Mic option and set it to Remote play device.
- Get back to the home screen and open the setting menu select party chat
- You can select ongoing party chats to join it or select start a party chat which will create a new party chat.
Benefits of PS Remote Play App
PS remote play app allows you to experiment and enhance your gaming experience. These are its advantages:
- You don’t have to keep the TV on to stream the console on your PC.
- This app allows you to play your favorite game remotely. You can join the playstation party chat on pc without PS4 console being near you.
- You should not worry about playing your favorite PS game on your PC. You can even play it on full screen.
- PS remote play app allows you to minimize the party chat which helps you to focus on other work while being connected to a party chat.
How to Exit a PS Remote Play App
When you are done with your gaming session, you can exit the app. An option will pop out “put the connected console in rest mode” select the option and click on ok. When you are going to start again, just click on the console you want to use and use it. You can add a new console if you want to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to use PlayStation party chat on PC?
Assuming your PC has a 7th-generation Intel processor and a Windows 10 or 11 OS. You should install the PS remote play app and enable the PS console on your app. Then, open the setting menu and click on party chat to use it.
Q2. How to get PlayStation party chat on PC?
You have first to download the PlayStation remote play app on your PC, then install it. You have to enable the PS console on your app to use it. With the help of the controller, open the setting menu and click on party chat to use it.
Q3. What is PlayStation Party Chat?
It is a feature that is present on PlayStation enabling you to talk to your friends directly while playing the game. You can join a party chat on your console directly, or you can join it on your PC by using PS Remote Play App.
Q4. What is the alternative to PlayStation Party?
There are multiple alternatives to PlayStation Party, such as Mumble, Slack, and Discord. They all provide a platform to stream your game and talk to your friends while playing the game.
If you have been joining Playstation party chat on PC without remote play, it’s time to utilize the full potential of your PS console. With the help of this app, you can join a party chat remotely. You can access your console from work, college, school, etc., you just have to have a high-speed internet connection.
The user interface on your PC will be exactly like your gaming console. To use the app, you will need PS 4 or PS 5 controllers, depending on which PS you own. In this article, we have tried to take you through the installation and setup process in easy steps. Hopefully, this will allow you to join a PlayStation party chat on PC with ease.
- Technology2023.04.20How To Connect Roku To TV? Easy Guide To Follow
- Technology2023.04.20How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV? (With and Without Dock)
- Technology2023.04.205 Best Barndominium Design Software (DIY & Professional)
- Technology2023.04.20What Is The Relation Between Behavior-Driven Development And Agile Methodology?