If your device is also stuck in a blue screen with the error that shows up as “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” then you might also be facing this commonly occurring stop code in Windows. Such an issue is reported by many people and this makes the whole device and the user’s work suffer a lot. To fix this issue, there are a few different methods that would come in handy to resolve drivers IRQL Not Less or Equal Windows.
For the resolving of this error, we need to understand what this error is about and what are the reasons behind its occurrence. That understanding would be helpful to choose the method of fixation for your problem. So let’s have a look at this common error and its solutions.
What is IRQL Not Less or Equal Issue?
Before getting into the solutions we need to understand what is IRQL not less or equal. Speaking in simpler words, it is just an error that is faced due to memory-related complications in your device. If the driver of your device or the system process tries to reach out to a memory address without valid access rights. Then it might result in such an error being visible on your device with a blue screen. This error would lead to the following effects on your device:
- It causes Windows to crash
- Brings a blue screen to freeze on your device
- Runs data in the background
- Stops all the running application
Although it is a common error, it causes a lot of hurdles in the working of a device so it is very crucial to get rid of this issue. But you might wonder what could be the reasons behind the sudden occurrence of this error. Let’s figure this out in the further part of the article.
Reasons for IRQL Not Less or Equal
There might be a lot of reasons behind the occurrence of this error in your Windows but here we have listed the most prominent reasons behind it in the following points:
Corruption of Files in your System
Corrupted files in your system can be a reason behind such a mishappening in your device as they lead to such issues very frequently. So check for any such corruption in your system.
Having improper or faulty hardware can cause the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10. It makes your PC unable to connect and act according to your demands causing such errors.
Faulty Device Drivers
Sometimes when you get your device drivers updated they become incompatible with your use and result in causing such errors. Checking your compatibility with the device drivers to resolve driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL.
Improper Software Installation
If your software installation is not done correctly then it creates a lot of problems for the working of your device. This can also be one of the reasons behind the occurrence of the error Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10. Moreover, this can also lead to Page Fault in NonPaged Area errors.
Methods to Fix this Error in Windows 10
To get rid of the error from your devices, there are a lot of methods to solve this issue. Let us look deeply into some methods that can be used to tackle the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Given below are the methods and steps along with it to fix the error:
Boot your Device
Cleaning your device with a boot can help you solve many issues and it is easy to perform on your device. Follow the given steps to perform a clean boot on your PC:
- Firstly launch the “MSConfig” System Configuration utility on your device.
- Use the shortcut key “WinKey+R” and enter “MSConfig”
- Now go to the selective startup option and uncheck the option of “Load startup option”
- Now move to the Service tab
- Then click on Hide all Microsoft services and select “ Disable all”
- Now allow your device to close windows by clicking on Ok
Solve your Disk Errors
Your disk has some corrupt files that can also make your windows experience such an error. So follow the given steps to check and fix errors in your disk :
- To begin with, click on the Windows+R keys
- Then open the jump list
- Now select as admin the “Command Prompt”
- In the prompt write, “chkdsk c:/f” and click on Enter
- Then wait for a while for the process to complete
This would check for any errors in your disks and then you can resolve them to fix your errors.
Memory and Hardware Check
As this error is commonly concerned with memory issues, having a look over your memory and hardware becomes one of the obvious solutions for the fixation. Being a user of Windows 10, you have the opportunity to use the utility tool provided by your Windows. Given below are a few steps that would provide you the information on how to access this utility tool for your device:
- Go to the “Start” button and reach out to the Search Box
- Now search for “Memory Diagnostic” this will open your utility program.
- Now select the option” restart and check for problems”
- This will allow it to run a scan for you, if you find any errors then you can solve them and get rid of the IRQL Not Less or Equal
Get rid of Memory Caching
Your windows might be storing data in the RAM by using memory caching. This could result in the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. To resolve this issue you can disable this feature and check if the IRQL error got fixed too.
The Final Say
Nobody likes to have a sudden freeze on their device or this continued error occurring on the screens. So everyone looks out for the simplest ways to fix errors like IRQL. To bring out ease in your life and make your problems go away with the quickest steps possible, this article brings you the best methods to troubleshoot the problem of IRQL.
If you too are facing any such issues with your device then these methods would be very helpful for you to use. In the above article, we have mentioned many methods hoping to provide you with the best solution possible.
Q1. What is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10?
This is a type of blue screen error that stops the functioning of your device. It shuts your device down anytime like in the middle of some process or just when you begin to use your device. It would cast a blue screen on your device and disable your use of the device.
Q2. What does stop code IRQL not less or equal?
Stop code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL freezes your screen with a bluescreen and disables your device to perform further. It causes a lot of hindrance in the smooth running of your device.
Q3. What does IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL occur?
There might be a lot of reasons behind the occurrence of this error but given below are some of the main reasons behind this error:
- Hardware and software are incompatible
- Corruption of the files of your system
- Faulty device drivers
- Memory caching
- Technology2023.04.20How To Connect Roku To TV? Easy Guide To Follow
- Technology2023.04.20How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV? (With and Without Dock)
- Technology2023.04.205 Best Barndominium Design Software (DIY & Professional)
- Technology2023.04.20What Is The Relation Between Behavior-Driven Development And Agile Methodology?