How to unfreeze a laptop mouse? A frozen laptop mouse besides interfering with work can also cause the computer to hang. The built-in touchpad mouse included in the majority of laptops allows you to move the pointer all around the screen by stroking your finger across the surface. Hence, this may occur due to the following reasons written below:
- The operating system on our laptop can be frozen.
- There might be hardware issues with your laptop.
- Your laptop’s touchpad settings may have been turned off.
- Drivers on your laptop might be damaged or out of the current.
- Corrupted software or data on your laptop.
- Dust & dirt on your touchpad.
Therefore, before sending your laptop to a computer repair expert or any other computer service center, you just need to try our simple methods. Hence, in this article, we have provided you with the simplest solutions for unfreezing the mouse in your home itself. So, without making any delay, let’s get started.
How to Unfreeze A Mouse On A Laptop?
As you are worried about “ my cursor is stuck” or “how to unfreeze a laptop mouse”, we are here ready with a few solutions, to help you out get rid of this frustrating issue on your laptop, which is leading to delays in your work.
Method 1: Reboot the Laptop
Before jumping to any other method, rebooting your laptop is the first and easy method if you really want to know and fix “how to unfreeze a laptop”. You may fix any incorrect software or driver issues that were impacting your mouse by restarting your laptop. To apply this method to solve the issue, follow the steps below:
- Hold Alt + F4 to open the Shut Down Windows panel.
- Select Restart and you are all set to fix your problem.
If your mouse still freezes after restarting your laptop, you can boot into safe mode because there could be a problem with the driver or the application. Also, uninstall any recently installed applications and restart the laptop.
Method 2: Disable the Touchpad Driver
Secondly, removing the touchpad driver is also considered as one of the effective methods to resolve freezing of a mouse on the laptop. Hence, to apply this effective method and get the problem resolved, you just need to follow the steps below:
- Firstly, to use Windows, hold down the key. Between the Function and Alt keys lies the Windows key.
- Secondly, type “Mouse Setting” into the search box and then hit the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- Now, if your mouse is not working, you can use the tab key to access a “Additional mouse option” on the right side.
- Next, press ‘Ctrl + Shift + Tab’ to open the ‘Hardware’ tab.
- Now, use the arrows key to highlight your touchpad and then press the enter button. After pressing enter, click on “Properties.”
- Use “Ctrl+Shift+Tab” to open the “Drives” tab.
- Next, use ‘Tab’ to scroll down to ‘Uninstall Device.’ Then hit ‘Enter,’ if it is a choice for you.
- Lastly, use the shortcut keys to restart your laptop.
Method 3: Remove/ Disable the Touchpad Software
Removing the Touchpad Software is another effective method to resolve “how to unfreeze a laptop mouse”. Apply this method, and follow the below-mentioned steps properly:
- Firstly, to open Windows Task Manager, simultaneously press “Ctrl,” “Alt,” and “Delete.”
- Secondly, once the touchpad software has been identified, use the down arrow on your keyboard. Make a note of the touchpad application’s name. To stop the action, use the “E” key.
- Now, open the File menu by holding down the “Alt” key and pressing “F.” Tap “N” to continue.
- Next, press the “Enter” key after typing the whole name of the touchpad program.
- Lastly, check the mouse to check whether it is operating properly once again.
Method 4: Update the Touchpad Key
To update the “Touchpad Key” is another most effective method to resolve “how to unfreeze a laptop mouse”. The touchpad key might need to be updated, hence for not updating your touchpad key, you might be facing the problem on your laptop. To try this method, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, hold the Windows key while pressing it. The Windows key is located between the Function and Alt keys.
- Secondly, type “Mouse Setting” into the search box and hit the “Enter” button.
- After that, if your mouse isn’t working , you can just use the tab key to get the “Additional mouse option” on the right side.
- Next, press “Ctrl + Shift + Tab” on the keyboard to open the “Hardware” tab.
- Then, use the arrows key to draw attention to your touchpad.
- Next, press “Enter” after clicking on the “Properties.”
- Now, use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+Tab” to open the “Drivers” tab.
Hence, restarting your laptop completes the process.
Method 5: Analyze Your Settings
Here’s another effective method for you. You can be perspiring if the cursor/ mouse on your laptop continues to be frozen. But you’ll stick with it. Therefore, now it is time to analyze the settings on your laptop to determine whether the trackpad has been deactivated. To apply this formula, just dig into the steps mentioned below:
- First, select “Start” from the menu and go to Mouse Settings.
- Secondly, from the selection, just choose “Touchpad.” (Based on the maker of your laptop, it could say “Device settings,” “ELAN,” or “Synaptics.”). It generally is the last tab, regardless of what it says. Hence, to make certain that this tab is active on your laptop, click on it.
In this article, we have covered all the information you need to know about “how to unfreeze a laptop mouse”. Hence, we hope you have got your answer for “how to unfreeze a laptop”. This specific article, with the simplest methods, will definitely help you to fix the particular issue you have been experiencing.
If you are still experiencing issues on this, please reach out to our team for assistance. We are happy to help you troubleshoot & fix this error. Have you been able to resolve the problem on your own using one of our methods? Let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Why is my cursor stuck in the corner?
Ans: It may be really aggravating to have your mouse/cursor stuck in a corner, especially if it happens frequently. It can interfere with all of your computer-related tasks, despite the fact that it may not appear like a huge issue and is typically relatively simple to remedy. This issue on your device may be caused because of – the battery, surface, USB port problem, problematic wireless connection, Windows trackpad, and if the mouse is not enabled in the windows.
Q2: How to unfreeze a Microsoft Laptop?
Ans: Here are some things you may attempt to fix for your Microsoft laptop if it won’t turn on, keeps turning on and off, or starts but stays on a screen that is either black, has a logo, or has a different screen. Follow as mentioned below:
- Use the keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Shift+Win+B) or tablet shortcuts to wake it up.
- Next, by holding down the power button for 20 seconds, you may force a restart.