As Windows 10 continues synchronizing my files to oneDrive, is there any way to disable oneDrive? Furthermore, after eliminating several files from the Cloud, you may eventually lose a number of the files that were stored in your local oneDrive directory. How could you go about restoring the corrupted oneDrive files?”
Hence, it is simple to shut down or deactivate oneDrive on Windows 10 if you do not wish it to keep syncing your data, so don’t stress. In this article, we have brought up to you a very easy guide to get rid of – how to turn off oneDrive issue on your computer.
What do you mean by One Drive?
Microsoft provides an online cloud-based storage service entitled oneDrive (formerly known as SkyDrive). Windows 10 includes oneDrive as the default repository for document storage, providing the user with Microsoft identities with 5 gigabytes of free extra storage while offering upgrade alternatives.
Users can store files, photographs, and other materials on oneDrive and retrieve them from different devices. Additionally, a user may store files to oneDrive and have them instantly sync to certain other devices. This signifies that an individual could view and edit the very same document from countless locations. With the opportunity to exchange material with others, oneDrive provides reasonably simple access to cloud-based storage.
How Does One Drive Operate?
Users of oneDrive could access Word, Excel, and Powerpoint presentations from Microsoft Office thanks to the integration of the two programs. It shouldn’t need to be downloaded and is already included in Windows 10. One Drive requires a Microsoft account, and users must sign in prior to using it.
Users must visit oneDrive.com and click “Sign in,” which is located at the top of the page, to log in. Users may concurrently modify Office documents, documents in browsers, and establish and share folders using the system. Additionally, oneDrive allows the user to email presentation slides, incorporate Facebook, and continuously restore their camera tapes. Moreover, users could scan documents and maintain them in oneDrive.
How To Turn Off oneDrive On Windows 10?
There are circumstances in which you may wish to disable or remove oneDrive from your computer, irrespective of the fact that it has significant uses. Here, we have mentioned some methods on “how to disable onedrive” or “ how to disable oneDrive”.
Method 1: Access Settings to Disable oneDrive
Well. This is the first method you can apply on “disable onedrive”. Below are the steps you need to follow –
Step 1- Launch the oneDrive on your device.
- Now, from the taskbar, click the oneDrive icon.
- Hence, to access oneDrive, simply right-click the item.
Step 2 – Put oneDrive off
- To proceed, select More from the context menu and then select Settings.
- Choose Settings from the pop-up window. Next, uncheck the box next to the phrase “Start oneDrive instantly once you sign into Windows.”
- Then select Unlink this PC under the Account tab.
- To proceed, select Account Link Unlink.
Hence, a pop-up screen requiring your email address would emerge thereafter. Insert the information necessary, and wait for the disable procedure to be performed. Now, oneDrive will eventually shut you out of your computer entirely. Finally, the oneDrive synchronization for Windows 10 has currently been disabled on your computer.
Method 2: By Utilizing Group Policy
Here is the second method for shutting off oneDrive, that we’re going to illustrate immediately. Using group policy, you might disable oneDrive synchronization on Windows 10 and will find the answer for “how to turn off oneDrive”.
Step 1 – Open Group Policy on your device.
- Now, to enter the Run dialogue, press the Windows key and the R key concurrently.
- Hence, click OK to proceed after typing msc into the box.
Step 2 – Turn off oneDrive
- Follow the pathway to the oneDrive folder inside the Local Group Policy Editor box. oneDrive may be found under Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components.
- After that, double-click the option to prevent oneDrive from being used for file storage.
- To confirm the changes, choose Enabled in the popup box and then click Apply and OK.
Restarting your computer is an option after all the processes have been performed. Once that is done, you will see that oneDrive is still listed in the File Explorer but is no longer effective.
Note: Additionally, you may modify the status of Prevent the usage of oneDrive for storing files to Not Provisioned if you wish to re-enable oneDrive.
Uninstall oneDrive: How To Remove oneDrive From File Explorer?
In truth, the information of the following section may be used to uninstall oneDrive Windows 10 or will provide answers on “how to remove oneDrive from file explorer”. Below are all the steps –
- Navigate to the Control Panel
- Go to Settings
- Go to Apps and Features
- Select Uninstall a program from the list of options under Program in the pop-up window.
- Secondly, you will be shown a list of all the applications on your computer. To uninstall oneDrive, choose it from the context menu and then select Uninstall.
Therefore, once you have completed the aforementioned steps, oneDrive should have been successfully uninstalled from your computer.
Read more: HOW DO I CHECK MY COMPUTER FOR WINDOWS 10 COMPATIBILITY | HERE IS FULL GUIDE
In conclusion, this article has described what oneDrive is and presented with techniques for setting it off. This article has also offered steps on how to uninstall oneDrive and how to turn off oneDrive from Windows. After all, if you are still facing any confusion or issues on this, kindly let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How to delete a oneDrive account?
Ans: To delete or uninstall a oneDrive account you need to follow the steps –
Step 1: Navigate to the Control Panel.
Step 2: Remove oneDrive from your computer from the Programs and Features option.
Q2: What occurs once you disconnect your oneDrive?
Ans: You will receive accessibility to the oneDrive folder located on your computer if you disconnect the connection between oneDrive and your computer. These files still exist even because you can retrieve them. Re-linking your computer, logging in with a new connected device, or launching oneDrive on your computer will all allow you to use the space for storage once more.
Q3: How to remove oneDrive from Macbook?
Ans: To uninstall oneDrive from Macbook follow the steps below –
- First, go to Help & Settings by clicking the oneDrive symbol in the navigation bar. Confirm your activity by exiting oneDrive.
- Now, select the Application from the sidebar in Finder by clicking there.
- Then, drag oneDrive to the Trash by finding it and then clicking.
- Technology2023.04.20How To Connect Roku To TV? Easy Guide To Follow
- Technology2023.04.20How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV? (With and Without Dock)
- Technology2023.04.205 Best Barndominium Design Software (DIY & Professional)
- Technology2023.04.20What Is The Relation Between Behavior-Driven Development And Agile Methodology?