In recent times, technology is at its peak. From shopping to work, mostly everything is done digitally. People use laptops and PCs for studying, working, storing important data, watching movies, listening to music, etc. It has become a part of everyone’s life.
As Windows comes with new safety features, hackers also find new ways to invade it. In such a scenario, it becomes more important to take the necessary steps to save your Windows from hacking. After all, your system has all your important information and data. If a hacker got to enter your Windows, he can easily have access to other things like bank accounts and social media.
How To Tell If Your Computer Has Been Hacked Windows 10?
Do you want to know, how to tell if your computer has been hacked Windows 10? Well, here we will tell you about some signs that your laptop or PC might show if it’s been hacked.
- Your laptop or computer is acting strange.
- The webcam lights up even when you’re not using it.
- Some activities are being conducted through your account that you’re not doing.
- You can’t log in to your account.
- You get information from the hacker that they have hacked your Windows, PC, or Laptop.
- Your browser is not working properly.
- You get an email or message from Windows regarding unauthorized login.
What To Do When You Have Been Hacked?
Now that you know, how to tell if your computer has been hacked Windows 10, let’s see what you can do when your computer has been hacked.
Once you come to know that you have been hacked, wipe out the hard drive and perform a system restore. Because, once your Windows is hacked, it cannot be trusted again until it has a new Windows. Install a new Windows on your laptop or PC.
When you’re certain that your computer has been hacked, make sure that you change all the passwords, be that your laptop or computer password, social media passwords, Windows passwords, Email passwords, etc. This is necessary because once a hacker gets access to your computer or Windows, he can have access to all the accounts you were using from that particular computer.
Delete All the Sensitive Information
If there is any sensitive information on your account that might put you in trouble if the hackers get it, then delete all that information immediately. It can be some pictures that hackers might use to blackmail you or your bank details.
Turn on Two-Factor Authentication
If you have been hacked then after performing a system restore, make sure that you turn on Two-Factor Authentication. By this, whenever there is some unauthorized activity or login, you will receive a message on your recovery mobile number or email.
Basically, Two-Factor Authentication is like a double lock. So, even if you know the password and enter it correctly, you’ll have to enter the code sent by windows on your recovery phone number or email to get access to your account. You can use this feature for your social media accounts as well.
Check Your Social Media Accounts
The hackers might post some messages from your social media accounts to blackmail you into giving them money. If any unauthorized activity is performed from any of your social media accounts then change the password. In case you’re not able to login into your account, you can use the account recovery tools and by proving your identity, you can get your account back.
Check Your Bank Balance and Bank Statement
The ultimate aim of hackers is the monetary benefit. So, if your account has been hacked, check your bank statement. If there is any transaction that you didn’t perform then complain about it to the bank and cyber police. Also, ask the bank to freeze your bank account and debit and credit cards so that hackers cannot make any further transactions.
De-Authorize Other Accounts
There is an option where you can save your passwords and allow yourself to log in without entering the password if you’re using a particular Computer or PC. Delete all the saved passwords and de-authorize the other accounts from the ‘remember me’ option. It will save the other accounts even if your Windows has been hacked.
Read more: HOW TO STOP WINDOWS 10 UPDATE | 4 LATEST METHODS
With the advancement of Windows security, hackers are also advancing. No matter how good security features you use, there are chances of hacking. The best thing is to stay awake and take immediate action as soon as you come to know that you have been hacked.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1- Can hackers hack Windows 10?
Considering the technologies that hackers have today, yes, they can hack Windows 10. The hackers can hack Windows 7, 10, iOS, Mac, and Android. So, it is the responsibility of the user to use strong passwords and double authentication.
Q2- Is Windows 10 easily hacked?
Unfortunately, Yes. Windows is working day and night to provide high security for its system. But, hackers find new ways of breaking the security shield provided by Windows. Though to make Windows 10 more secure, you can use its two-factor authentication feature.
Q3- Is Windows 10 still secure?
Yes, Windows 10 is comparatively more secure than the previous Windows versions. But, hackers have also found better ways to invade Windows protection. The best way to save your Windows from hacking is by using strong passwords.
Q4- How I know if my PC is hacked?
It will certainly show some signs. Your PC might start acting strange or your webcam might light up even when you’re not using it. To know more about these signs, read how to tell if your computer has been hacked Windows 10 from the above article.
- Brayden Adam is a highly acclaimed tech expert who has been working in the industry for over 10 years. He is well-versed in various areas of technology, from software design and development to networking and system administration. Brayden Adam has extensive experience in developing cutting-edge software solutions and managing complex IT deployments. He also specializes in data storage, security, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies. With his vast knowledge and expertise in these areas, Brayden Adam is a sought-after consultant for many businesses seeking to take their operations to the next level.
- Technology2023.03.09Top Ways To Protect Yourself From Scams and Frauds While Using Cash App (Latest Edition)
- Technology2023.03.02A Know-How Guide To Fix Not Receiving Text Messages On Android Issue?
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Splitter: What is it? Which One to Buy? Is it Worth it? (All You Need To Know)
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Cable: What is it? What Are The Limitation? All Latest 2023