If you are stuck with questions like, What is Windows restore? How long does System Restore take? How to do Windows 10 System Restore? Then you’re at the right place. Here we’ll tell you all about Windows restore and how long does a System Restore take.
Computers have become an important part of everyone’s life. From students to businessmen to shopkeepers, everyone needs a computer to do their work these days. Even if there is the slightest problem with the computer, the work gets stuck.
Windows restore of System Restore is a tool that protects and repairs computer software. If your computer gets hacked by someone then you can perform a System Restore to remove the viruses and malware from your computer and save the stored data.
It is a very effective tool. But, sometimes it gets stuck. People using Windows 10 and 11 are facing the problem that while performing a System Restore, their computer starts hanging several times or gets stuck. If you’re one of them then don’t worry. Here we’ll tell you about different ways where you can perform a System Restore without your Windows getting stuck.
How Long Does System Restore Take ?
If you are wondering how long does System Restore take, generally, it takes 20-40 minutes or so for the system to restore. But if it’s taking more time then the chances are that your Windows is stuck or hung. If your System Restore is frozen then you might see something like “Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored, System Restore is initializing” or you might see the System Restore bar but cannot see the percentage.
If you see any of these, it means that your System Restore process got stuck then you need to rsync windows and take some action so that this process can be completed.
Ways to Fix the Issue
If your System Restore is changed then here we are going to tell you about some processes to fix this issue, follow our list given below.
Run Startup Repair
In this process, you force stop your computer from performing the System Restore process.
To do this first, you need to enter WinRe. Go on Choose an option, then select Troubleshoot. Once the troubleshoot option is open, select Advanced Options & then tap on Startup Repair.
This will stop the ongoing System Restore procedure. Give your computer some time and then perform the System Restore again.
System Restore in Safe Mode
If you tried to shut down your computer but it did not help then you can try performing System Restore in Safe Mode.
- For this, first, you need to create an Installation Disc. For this, you need to go on the official Microsoft website from some other computer. Now, download Windows 10 or 11 tools and make an installation disc. You can also make a repair drive or repair disc.
- Insert that disc into your computer. Now change the boot order to boot your computer from the installation disc.
- Now click on Repair your computer to enter the WinRe file.
- Click on Choose an option, then troubleshoot. Once the troubleshooting option is open, select Advanced Options and then click on Startup Settings. Now click on Restart.
- Now click F6 to select the Enable Safe Mode With Command Prompt. This will start System Restore.
- Here select an account and enter the correct password.
- Now type rstrui.exe in the command prompt & now press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- Now you are ready to start the System Restore process in Safe Mode.
This process of Windows 10 system restore from boot will force stop the ongoing System Restore process and will help you to perform System Restore with the help of another computer.
System File Check (SFC.exe) will restore any corrupted files. If the System Restore procedure is taking more time then certainly some files in your system are corrupted. SFC will help in restoring the corrupted files so that the System Restore process can be resumed.
- Enter WinRe with the help of an installation disc.
- Select Choose an Option, then troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, and then Command Prompt.
- Here select an account and enter the correct password.
- Now type sfc /scannow in the popup window and now press the Enter button on the keyboard.
This will help in restoring the corrupted files and will ultimately help in performing System Restore.
How long does system restore take? It can delay your work if the System Restore process gets stuck. But you don’t need to worry anymore. Here we have provided you with the best available solutions. If your Window gets stuck while performing system restore then you can try any or all of the above options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1- How long is too long for System Restore?
In general, it takes 20-40 minutes or so for the system to restore. But if it’s taking more time then the chances are that your Windows is stuck or hung. If it’s been more than 40-45 minutes and you can see something like “Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored, system restore is initializing” on your system screen then your System Restore process will definitely be stuck.
Q2- What happens if you interrupted System Restore Windows 10?
If it’s already been more than an hour and your System Restore process is stuck then you might need to interrupt. You can force reboot the system but it might cause an unbootable system. To avoid this, use any of the procedures that we have discussed above like running Startup Repair or performing System Reboot in Safe Mode.
Q3- How long does an average System Restore take?
An average Restore takes some 20-40 minutes. If it’s already been around an hour and you can see something like “Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored, system restore is initializing” or you might see the system restore bar but cannot see the percentage then the System Restore process is frozen.
- Brayden Adam is a highly acclaimed tech expert who has been working in the industry for over 10 years. He is well-versed in various areas of technology, from software design and development to networking and system administration. Brayden Adam has extensive experience in developing cutting-edge software solutions and managing complex IT deployments. He also specializes in data storage, security, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies. With his vast knowledge and expertise in these areas, Brayden Adam is a sought-after consultant for many businesses seeking to take their operations to the next level.
- Technology2023.03.09Top Ways To Protect Yourself From Scams and Frauds While Using Cash App (Latest Edition)
- Technology2023.03.02A Know-How Guide To Fix Not Receiving Text Messages On Android Issue?
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Splitter: What is it? Which One to Buy? Is it Worth it? (All You Need To Know)
- Technology2023.02.27Ethernet Cable: What is it? What Are The Limitation? All Latest 2023