Sometimes the user faces a lot of issues while using an updated device or finds the previous setup of the computer more friendly. In such a case, they need to just restore their computers to an earlier date. This process to restore a pc to the previous date refers to restoring the current updated version to the previous version of the device. A question like how do I restore my computer to an earlier date? will be answered.
There might be several reasons behind this but majorly it happens when the user is unable to adjust to the new setup and requires to get back his old setup. Now you might be thinking, how do I restore my computer to an earlier date? There are a lot of ways that can be used to restore a PC to a previous date. Given below are some of those different ways that you can use to restore Windows to an earlier date.
How to Restore My Computer to an Earlier Date?
There can be numerous ways that would help you out with the process of restoring your PC depending upon your choice. Lets answer your question, How do I restore my computer to an earlier date? Here are some of the possible ways that can lead you to smoothly carry out the process of restoring your computer.
1. Steps to Restore Windows System to an Earlier Point
- Before starting the process you should save all your files so that they might not be lost during the program.
- After that click on the start button
- Choose All programs and then move to Accessories
- Then select system tools and choose system restore.
- Then you will be directed to the main Windows of the system to restore the main window.
- Go to Windows vista and select the continue option
- After that, click on the next button, this would lead you to the list of restored points.
- Now select the most recent restore date
- Click on the next button twice and finish the process
- Finally, restart your Windows
- After that, you would receive a confirmation message about your Windows being restored. This will restore the computer to an earlier date.
2. Steps to Restore your Computer to an Earlier Date Without System Restore
- Select the troubleshooting option
- Then click on Advanced options
- After that select the system image recovery
- Move forward and select a system image
- Now moving forward choose the location of the backup for the restore.
- Refresh your system and this will make your image appear in the list.
- Now follow up the direction on your screen and complete the full recovery.
3. Uninstalling Updates
- Before beginning the process move to the Windows reboot to the recovery environment.
- Now move to troubleshoot
- Then now click on the Advanced option
- After that select uninstall updates.
- Select your way of uninstallation procedure according to your convenience.
- This will finish up the uninstalling procedure and hence would restore PC to previous date.
4. Steps to Restore Computers to Previous Windows
- Go to the start menu and click on the system properties
- There you might find an option for System Protection, click on that
- After that click on the option with system restore.
- Tap on the next button.
- Then you would be presented with a list of recent restoration points
- Select the required date if you are in search of a particular date.
- Then finish up the process by clicking the finish button.
5. Steps for System Restore PC in Windows 8
- First of all click on the start button
- Type Restore and click on create a restore point
- Then click on the System Restore button
- This will lead you to the screen with all the restore points from your last updates.
- Now you can select a restore point of your choice
- Select next and finish up the process to restore the PC to the previous date.
All this information must have given you the answer to your most thought-provoking question: how do I restore computer to earlier date?
If you too find yourself in a situation as such where you are not comfortable with the setup of your device then you might also think of getting your computer restored. This article here brings you all the information you need to know. The answer to the most thought-about question, How do I restore my computer to an earlier date?, this article brings you every detail you might need.
There are different ways through which you can do a restore. Go through all of those steps and find whatever works for you. With the correct guidance from the above-mentioned steps, you can easily perform the process of restoring your computer to an earlier date.
1. How do I restore my computer to an earlier date without a restore point?
In order to restore the computer to an earlier date without a restore point, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go on the troubleshoot option and click on the advanced options
- Select the system recovery image
- Now select a system image and select a location for your backup
- Now after refreshing you will have to follow the instruction on the screen
- It will finish up your process of restoring your computer to an earlier date without a restore point
2. How do I restore my laptop back to yesterday?
For restoring your laptop back to yesterday or the day before, you need to follow the given steps:
- Firstly click on the Start button followed by All Programs
- Tap on Accessories and select System Tools
- After that, open the system restore window and click on next
- Select the option Show More Restore Points
- This would show you all the previous restore dates.
- Select your restore date of a day before and you will be all good with your device restored back to yesterday.
3. Where do I find System Restore on my computer?
You can find System Restore on your computer by just doing a search on the taskbar. Find your control panel search box and search for recovery. Select the recovery option and open the system restore.