An upgrade is something that is needed very much in everything whether it be your life or your devices. There are always new and better changes coming in for the operating systems of our PC. That development and introduction of new features can make our devices advanced and technology forward. Moreover, who wants to be working with an old version when you can work with the newly launched version?
A similar thing works for Windows as well. The launch of a new Windows means getting a much better version with better specs and advanced features. But theres one thing that might be the one to be checked. That is the compatibility of your device with Windows 10. Now you might think, how do I check my computer for Windows 10 compatibility? Are you also struggling with the same question revolving in your head then this is what you need? The following article has all the needed information about minimum requirements for Windows 10 along with Windows 10 requirements for PC.
Why did You Choose Windows 10 for your PC?
Before getting to know about how to check my computer for Windows 10 compatibility you should first have to know why you should choose Windows 10 for your PC. Here are some Windows 10 features that will make you want to get it for your PC:
- The speed provided in the version of Windows is just amazing as it makes the operating system run smoothly and hassle-free.
- Security is one of those features that make Windows 10 more secure and also allows many security features along with malware protection and threat exploit protection.
- Virtual desktops are something that only Apple users enjoyed but now with Windows 10, you get this great feature of having the ability to switch several virtual desktops.
- Other than these there are many other features such as Voice Typing, A Better Browser, Xbox App improvement, Supercharged copy and paste clipboard, Nearby Sharing etc.
These reasons are enough to lure a person to get Windows 10 for their device. Now lets get to the answer to the frequently asked question by many. How do I check my computer for Windows 10 compatibility?
Basic Requirements to Run Windows 10 on your Computer
Your computer should have a processor that is 1 gigahertz or (SoC) to fulfill these basic Windows 10 system requirements.
Hard Drive Space
To run Windows 10 on your device you should have 16 GB for 32-bit OS and 32 GB for 64-bit OS. This is one of the requirements that would fulfill the Windows 10 system requirements.
The required display for Windows 10 is 800×600, if you fulfill this display requirement then the display-related compatibility is fulfilled for Windows 10.
Your device must have a Graphic card of DirectX 9 or WDDM 1.0 driver to be compatible with running Windows 10.
To run Windows 10 smoothly after its installation you need a good internet connection as it might ask to perform some updates or installation of additional apps. Therefore, it is necessary to have a good internet connection for your device to work with Windows 10.
All these above-mentioned are the basic Windows 10 requirements for PC. It is very important to check all these requirements before updating to Windows 10. If you wont keep in check with the requirements then you might get in trouble as your device may not support Windows 10, if they lack any of these requirements.
So if you too are planning to get Windows 10 for your device then you should firstly check all these requirements. If your device attains all these compatibility checks then you are all set to enjoy the updates of Windows 10 on your device.
Windows 10 Compatibility Checker
If you are not sure even after checking all these things manually you can use different compatibility checkers. One such way to check your compatibility with Windows 10 is through Microsofts official site. Follow the given steps to check your compatibility with Microsofts official website:
- Open the official site of Microsoft and go to the Windows 10 download page.
- Click on the update now.
- This will download the Windows 10 update assistant tool.
- Now run the tool as administrator by right-clicking on the tool.
- It will take you to the page where you have the latest version of Windows.
- This would further lead you to the automatic Windows compatibility check.
- Next, this will enable you to find out if your device is compatible or not. along with that, you would be informed about what are the things that are not according to the Windows requirement.
- The easy compatibility would make it even easier for you to decide if your computer is compatible with Windows 10.
Read More: HOW TO CREATE WINDOWS 10 RECOVERY USB?
Windows 10 is one of the most used Windows as stated by Microsoft but if you are still not familiar with Windows 10 then you might be living under a rock. Its high time you update to Windows 10. For that, you must first look out for the compatibility that you need to fulfill to run Windows 10 on your device. Now you might think of how I check my computer for Windows 10 compatibility. All in all, the answers to this question are all crafted in the above article to make it easy for you to check the compatibility of your device with Windows 10.
1. Can my PC run Windows 10?
Yes, you can run Windows 10 on your PC if the following requirements are fulfilled your computer:
- Processor:1 GHzz faster
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard drive: 16 GB for 32-bit or 32 GB for 64-bit OS.
- Display: 800×600
- Graphic card: DirectX9 or WDDM 1.0 driver.
2. How do I upgrade my computer’s window?
If you want to upgrade your computers Windows then follow the given steps:
- Click on the Start button
- Then go to settings
- Click on update and security
- Click on the Windows update and your Windows will be updated to the latest version.
3. Which Windows is best for my computer?
Although it depends on device to device and requirements but rating it on a broader basis, it is said that Windows 10 is the most compatible, advanced and secure Microsoft OS.