This is going to be a helping guide for all the users who want to learn the process of downloading Norton security on their PC and phone.
If you want to install Nortons on multiple devices like computers, phones, and tablets then it will be preferable to use Norton 360 Deluxe. As with this version you can use five devices altogether.
Well, the procedure remains the same no matter what version you are using. So, let’s stick to this guide and follow the steps to conduct these operations.
The procedure of Downloading Norton Security on your PC
It will be a step-by-step process, so don’t forget to perform each step perfectly.
Step 1: Download Norton Internet Security
- The first and foremost thing for you to do is to purchase Norton from Norton’s range.
- Move towards the Norton product page and search for the one you want.
- You can choose Norton 360 Deluxe if you need it otherwise go for other versions.
- Once done with that, tap on the Subscribe now button.
- Followed by filling in all the important details like choosing a password and entering payment information.
- After you have done the payment on the order confirmation screen, you need to select the Get Started button to download the Norton installer.
- Consequently, follow the on-screen guidelines to tap on the EXE file at the bottom of your browser window once it downloaded properly.
- You will see that the downloader will automatically initialize and download the rest of the files needed for the application to be installed.
- Then, the program will request permission for Norton to apply changes to the system.
- To move ahead, just tap on the Yes button.
- Now, you can proceed to the next step that is installing Nortons.
Step 2: Install Norton
- You need to hit the install tab to start the installation of your Norton.
- If you want to block new threats then join the Norton community watch. It will also keep all your data safe and protected.
- Now just hit on the Maybe Later tab if you don’t want to.
- With these steps, you can install Norton easily. Yes, the process is a bit longer but it is the right time to feel yourself, to pamper yourself with your favorite cup of beverage so make one for yourself.
Step 3: Activate Norton
After performing the installation process, Norton will activate safely. It will start communicating with the company’s servers and then the main menu pops up. This will indicate that one of five licenses has been used and the device in which you just installed the app is fully protected and safe.
Step 4: Browsing Protection
- Now, you need to minimize the Norton main menu window and move back to the browser.
- You will see an opened tab that offers Norton extensions for the browser.
- It would be best if you opt for Chrome as it is widely used and highly recommendable by most users.
- To enable the safe mode, you can select Enable all Norton Extensions that will bring options like safe search and Norton’s Password manager.
- If you only want Safe Web then tap on the blue install option for whatever extensions you wish to grab.
- Then, click on the install button so that you can move to the Chrome Web Store or the source of extensions for whatever browser you have chosen.
- Now, tap on Add to Chrome option for the appropriate extension.
- Once done with this, you will be able to see the permissions you are granting the Norton extension.
- After that, hit on the Add extension tab to confirm that you wish to use it.
Step 5: Patch Up
- Once selecting your extension, you can move back to Norton’s main menu.
- Now, just navigate at the top of the main menu where the device security tab located and select LiveUpdate.
- You will see that Norton LiveUpdate will verify for updates.
- After that, just confirm that you want to apply the downloaded patch by clicking on the apply now tab.
- At this moment, just wait while Norton restarts itself and installs the patch.
Step 6: Scan your System
- Just after completing all these processes, Norton will initiate a quick scan to examine the contents of your PC for malware or anything else suspicious.
- At times, the application missed it so you can start a scan yourself.
- To do this, just navigate to the Device Security in the main menu and select the tab named Quick Scan.
- Substitutionally, you can also run an initial full scan on the system
- You can do this by tapping on the Open button which is located next to Device Security.
- After that, tap on the arrow pointing down on the right that shows Scans options.
- Now you need to choose Full System Scan at the next dialog box and hit Go.
- You will witness that a full scan will automatically run that verifies all your files with a fine-tooth comb.
Step 7: Ensure Signing-in
- If you have purchased Norton 360 Deluxe and one of the higher tier packages then the message will pop up to sign in to the account.
- After the activation, you may be provided features like parental controls or dark web monitoring.
- Now tap on the sign-in box located at the bottom of the main menu and enter the password for your Norton account.
- Once done with the steps, you will see those extra features in the main menu that you can set and manage by yourself.
- Till now, you have set up the fundamentals of the Norton suite.
- In the next step, you need to choose the features you want to run and also try to configure them by following the instructions given to you.
You May Also Like: NORTON REMOVAL TOOL- DOWNLOAD TO UNINSTALL NORTON DEVICE SECURITY
The procedure of downloading Norton Security on Your Mobile Phone
If you want to safeguard your phone with Norton then move into this section.
Step 1: Purchase and Download
The user needs to buy the suit online for downloading Norton Security on mobile phones just like we have told you in the above procedure. So, first of all, you need to buy the suit from your preferred third-party retailer or Norton site.
- Once done with that you need to move towards the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Now, just open the play store app and type Norton 360 at the top in the search bar.
- You will see the install button in green color with Norton 360 app.
Step 2: Sign in
- Once the app is installed properly, you need to click on the Open button and choose Sign in.
- Then, fill in your email address (username) and password before tapping on the Sign-in tab.
- Now, just pick choose your plan and sign up for Norton 360 Deluxe right here.
- You need to be aware of the fact that they offer a full-price subscription and on the Norton website you find a discount running. For instance 58% at the time of writing.
- So, it will be recommended to always take out your subscription on the website, not in the mobile app.
Step 3: Initialize
- Now that you have signed in properly, the app will initialize for a bit and automatically intiate a quick scan before you come to the main menu.
- So, once all of these activities are performed, you may encounter some security-related issues in the menu.
- After viewing them, you need to click on the Security box to check out these.
Step 4: Try out flagged Security Issues
- You need to move towards the security category.
- In that field, you will come across any app.
- Also, Internet, Wi-Fi, and device security issues listed there.
- You need to touch them to see Norton’s recommendations for fixing them.
- These are enabled by default to turn on Safe Web and real-time protections for policing apps.
- The main thing that you need to do here is to turn on Safe Web by hitting the Set Up.
- Now you will be taken to the Accessibility menu where you need to select Norton 360 Service from the list.
- Once done with that, just set your slider ON and you are good to go with your Norton on mobile.
So, this is the article related to downloading Norton security. Hopefully, you find this article relevant and complete the installation on your mobile and system. Don’t forget to check out the site if you want to read more about Norton and its incredible features.