Some Windows users reported seeing the Norton 360 Error 8504 104 when they tried to uninstall their Norton Antivirus software, repair it or update it. Most of the time, this problem is reported to affect Windows 10.
If you see error 8504 104, this is a serious condition. There are several reasons your computer is showing this error. No matter what the reason is, we are here to help you. Let’s get into it without wasting any more time.
What are the Causes of Norton Error 8504 104?
- This can occur due to incompletion or poor processes.
- If you’re trying to update Norton antivirus, but for some technical reason the process failed, it may be causing error 8504 104.
- Sometimes, this error message is caused by corruption during the conventional uninstallation. You should be able to fix the problem by running the specialized Norton Remove & Reinstall software to uninstall all Norton Components.
- A different security scanner, or third-party suite, could also cause this error. In such cases, you will be able to resolve the issue using the Programs menu and Features menu to uninstall any conflicting 3rd party antivirus suite/AV scanner.
Different Type of Norton Error 8504 104
- Norton error 8504 0
- The Norton error 8504 5
- Norton error 8504 & 104
- Norton error 8504, 100
- The Norton Error 8504 102
- Norton Error 8504 106
- Norton Error Code 8504 101
These are the possible error definitions appearing on your computer screen. There may be more than one error. However, you don’t need to stress about it. Here are the steps to fix all of them in easy steps.
Simple Steps to Fix Error 8504 104 Norton
Here are the different methods and steps that you will have to follow in order to eradicate the different types of Norton Error 8504. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
Use Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool
- Download the Norton Remove or Reinstall tool. Save the file as a PDF.
- Double-click the NRnR symbol from your desktop.
- You can read the license agreement and click Agree.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select Remove Only.
- Click on Remove.
- After you have completed the process, click on Restart Now.
Restart Your Computer
As it turns out, this problem can also be caused by a common inconsistency caused by some transient files that interfere with the updating/uninstallation operation. You should start with a temporary solution. Then, restart the computer and check to see if the problem persists.
Restart your computer normally, and then repeat the procedures that resulted in the Norton 360 Error 8504 104 problems. You’ll know whether it’s repaired after the next startup is finished.
Remove Antivirus Software
- To make things simpler, you should first uninstall any other software that could affect your PC’s safety and protection. Norton antivirus won’t be integrated with other programs on the computer.
- Enter appwiz.cpl into Win+R.
- This will bring up a window that will allow you to view a list of the installed programs on your system.
- Select Antivirus/Free Security software and click Uninstall/Remove.
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen for how to remove this particular program.
- After uninstallation is completed, restart the computer.
Upgrade Your Graphics Card
- There are high chances that your graphics card will cause a conflict between the Norton antivirus program and your computer’s hardware. Norton 360 Error 8504 104 might occur. It is therefore crucial that you update the graphics driver.
- First, click on “My Computer” to update the graphics driver. Next, click the “Manage” button and navigate to the “Device Administrator”. Click on “Display Accessories” to continue. Or, you could use the shortcut. Click on Win + R, then enter “devmgmt.dsc”, click on Enter.
- Double-click the “Display Accessories” option. After that, right-click on the option “HD Graphics Card”.
- Select Update Drivers Software.
- Start your computer again and then test your device.
Look For Conflicting Software
- Check out the complete list of apps installed.
- You should also check if any other security software, such as Panda Security or Malwarebytes is installed. You should have it installed.
- Click on Uninstall to select the software.
- To confirm, click OK
- Restart your computer after you have uninstalled it.
Update Your System Drivers
There is a chance that your driver software may not be up-to-date. Even though you have internet access, certain drivers need to be updated manually. If these drivers are not up-to-date, your system could become inoperable. Make sure to update them as soon as possible to avoid any issues.
Experts recommend Driver Doc as a Driver Update Tool to simplify the process of updating devices drivers.
Use Norton Autofix
If you are having trouble with any of the methods in this blog, there is another way.
This is where Norton AutoFix Tool becomes useful! This tool is used to get rid of Norton error 8504. Norton AutoFix Tool can be downloaded from their official website.
You can download Norton AutoFix Tool and run it in the system. Then follow the instructions on the screen. The tool quickly detects an error and then fixes it. You do not have to deal with it manually. The entire procedure can be performed by the tool on its own.
All of these methods can be used to fix Norton auto-fix errors 8504 and 1004. If the problem persists, contact Norton’s technical team.
Know about norton error 8506-421
Windows can show some faults and lags. Norton 360 Error 8504 104 may be due to an outdated or corrupted OS. To fix the problem, install a new OS.
If Norton Error 8504 is not the error that you are experiencing and is a different error type, you can refer to our previous articles about Norton Errors & Repairs.
What are Norton Internet Security errors 8504 & 100?
This issue can be fixed by running Norton RnR. Run the tool and uninstall Norton from your computer. Restart the computer and you will be able to install Norton again.
How to resolve “Norton 360 Premier was unable to connect due to error 8504”?
This problem can occur if you have another security feature or because of a failed installation while updating to a newer version.
How do I fix Norton Security Error 9504 104?
This error occurs if there is an additional security application installed on your system or a failed installation while updating/upgrading to a newer version.