Are you frustrated with the Gmail app crashing issues? Crashing issues have definitely troubled you while doing some important work, and you must get furious at first. However, you are not required to worry about it anymore, as we are coming up with a guide that will resolve all your hustles related to Gmail crashing.
In this guide, we have compiled the top 7 working and trusted ways through which you can rectify the issue on your own effortlessly. From clearing storage space to upgrading your app and clearing unwanted cache, we have covered all the possible ways. You just need to read it all the way through its conclusion and get your Gmail working again.
Why Does My Gmail App Keep Crashing?
Before getting into resolving measures, one must check the root cause of why the problem is happening in your device. Hence, we have formulated this section. Here, you are going to understand all the possible causes for the issue Gmail app crashing. This way, you will be able to resolve the error more precisely and effectively. Let’s make reasons, the basis to resolve the problem for better results.
- Outdated App: If the Gmail app you are using is not updated to the latest version, then you are likely to encounter the virus, as an outdated app won’t be capable of syncing with the updated Gmail app of the mail receiver, and the Gmail crashes.
- Unwanted Malware & Bugs: If your device has antivirus and malware in your device, then your app won’t be able to run precisely. This can be done with the updated version too. If the virus is present in your network tunnel, then your system will get the virus, and hence, the app will start to crash.
- Excess Storage and Cache: If your system has too much stuff or zero storage space, your device will not work efficiently, and you will encounter frequent crashing issues with different apps. Well, this can affect Airdrop’s working capabilities, and you can encounter Airdrop, not working issues.
- Outdated WebView Software: If your WebView software is outdated, then you won’t be able to sync with the latest technology of your device. Hence, you will examine the issue of the Gmail app crashing Samsung.
Top 7 Surefire Ways To Fix Gmail App Crashing
You must have got an idea of why your Gmail app keeps crashing your android system of yours. So the time has come to know how you can resolve the issue. Well, the resolving ways are not going to be that difficult in any way. All these ways are tried and trusted. Our high-tech experts have personally experienced the issue and tried these working resolving methods. Thus, you must not worry about the efficacy of the method. Well, the efficacy and efficiency of the methods depend on the cause of the issue. Let’s check all the methods one by one.
1. Restarting The Device
It’s a no-brain technique for every kind of technical woe happening on your device. Simply restart your device and get the issue rectified easily on your own. Furthermore, this technique works on every kind of technical glitch as it gives a refreshed start to your system. It clears the bugs and other malicious viruses running in your system. Hence, you must try this fix if the issue is associated with malicious activities happening on your device or in the network tunnel. Then the issue will be rectified.
To restart your device, you must hold the power button for at least three or four seconds. You will get the option to restart your device. Hence you can restart your device from here. After you are done with the restarting process, you must check by reopening the app if the issue has been resolved. This method can be used in every other technical problem, such as the cash app not working.
2. Uninstall The App Updates
There are times when you upgrade your device or any app to have shameless use of the certain application but end up getting more frustrating issues. Maybe this is the case with your Gmail app too. If you have recently updated your app, and then you started getting the crashing issue, then you must go to uninstall the updates. This happens because the virus is present in your tunnel network and gets into your system as you download the update. Let’s see how you can uninstall these updates in easy steps.
- Launch the settings of your device and get into the apps and notification tab.
- Launch Gmail app settings from there.
- Lick the three dots coming in the upper right-hand corner.
- Here, you will get the option “uninstall updates.” Click that.
- Let the uninstallation be completed.
Now, when you are done with the above steps, relaunch your Gmail app and check if the issue still persists or not. If you are still facing the same issue again while working in the app again, then you must get into the next lined-up method.
3. Clear Cache Data of The Gmail
Another way through which you can get your Gmail app working again is by clearing its cache data. Sometimes, excessive cache data creates problems with the smooth running of the app; hence one must keep removing the cache of the apps from time to time. Let’s see how one can do so.
- First, you will have to open the settings of your device.
- Get into the apps and the notification center and open the Gmail tab.
- Now, locate the storage and cache option coming in the bottom left side of the screen. Click that.
- In the next screen, you will see a clear cache option; click that.
- Wait for the clearing to get done.
Here the process is done, relaunch your app and check if the issue still persists on your device or not. Well, this method is one of the most helpful methods that you must implement on your device.
4. Upgrade Your App
Another thing that you can try to avoid Gmail crashing is upgrading the app. If you are using an older version, then you are most likely to get the crashing issue. Your outdated version is maybe not able to sync with the latest version; hence you are getting the issue. Let’s check the steps through which you can upgrade your app easily.
- Open your Play Store and type Gmail in the search bar.
- You will see the results, click the Gmail app icon.
- If you see the option for the update, then click that.
If you don’t see the option, then you are already using an updated version, and the problem is something else. Therefore, you will need to jump on to the next method.
5. Clean The Phone’s Storage
If your phone is too filled up, then you won’t be able to use even your phone with full potential; hence, you will be required to keep your phone clean and left some free space to run the apps. Let’s see how you can do so on your android phones if your Gmail app keeps crashing android.
- Launch your settings app.
- Open the storage tab to know how much space is free.
- Here, you will get the option to free up space. Click that.
Now, you can see all the suggestions for deleting unwanted files. Selecting them and deleting them further will enable up the free space on your device so that your device can free up space for other apps to run.
6. Upgrade Android System WebView
Android System WebView is a pre-installed software that enables your device to jump over the browser and any other app while using it. This software needs to update all the time for the smooth running of your device; if not done on time, then you are more likely to get the errors like Gmail crashing or Snapchat not working. Let’s see what you are required to do to eliminate the issue of “Gmail app keeps crashing android.”
- Launch your Play Store.
- Type Android System WebView in the search bar.
- You will see the related result open the most matching app.
- See if the app needs an update or not.
- Upgrade the app if needed.
7. Re-add The Google Account
Adding your Gmail account on your device can give you productive output or can really eliminate the issue, as maybe the issue is with syncing your email ID with the app. Well, this can be resolved simply by re-adding your Gmail account to your device. Let’s see how to remove the account and how you can re-add the same.
- Get into the settings of your device.
- Open Account settings.
- Click the Google tab, and here you will see all the logged-in accounts.
- Click on the account that you want to remove.
- Now, when the account is removed, open your Gmail account and start to log in again with the same Email ID.
This way, the issue of the Gmail app crashing will be resolved easily. If none of the above methods has worked for you in rectifying the issue, then you must try logging in with your ID on another device and then use your Gmail account for sending emails.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1.Why is the Gmail app crashing?
The Gmail app crashing issue is one of the most common issues that most people encounter in their day-to-day life. It happens because of various reasons, such as Outdated apps and other system applications, Lack of storage space, etc.
Q2. Why does my Gmail keep crashing on my iPhone?
If your iPhone is creating problems with your Gmail account, then there are various reasons for this. Maybe the problem is with the server, unwanted bugs and malware in the network tunnel, incorrect system settings, etc.
Q3. How do I fix Gmail problems?
If you are frequently facing the issue that the Gmail app keeps crashing, then you must try to resolve it with the above methods given in our article. You must upgrade your app, clean your storage, restart your device, etc.
Random crashes can be irritating while doing some important work. Well, no more frustration will come your way. In the above guide, we have given you a detailed comprehension of why your Gmail app is crashing and how you can avoid these crashing issues. We have listed 7 working methods to resolve the issue, you can use any of the methods and resolve your issue; all those methods are personally tested by our experts. If you are still having any problems, then you can connect us anytime.